Monday, September 17, 2007

Oh no... I'm lost!

Oh no is it Monday already? I've once again succeeded on doing very little over the weekend. For a nano second i thought i'd get my arse to IKEA so i could organise my life like one of those free catalogues. Filling my junk to the brim of each box and tucking them into a corner so they would stop being an eye sore.

But it didn't happened.

I just flipped through the pages and made little dog ears on the pages, as a hopeful reminder that the longer i procrastinate on this matter my clutter will be cluttered and eventually cancel each other out.

And to add to my sloth attitude, i lay on my couch and stuffed myself with chips. Yes, even after numerous people said i put on weight.

HELLO. I KNOW!

I find it strange how people like to state the obvious and often it's never discreet. It would be too simple to keep ones' mouth shut but sometimes by pointing out the negatives it's like a slap to the face. It makes you wake the fuck up.

So anyway, today i've brought my folio into the office because my colleague has been hassling me to bring in my work prior to starting work in this company. For what reason, i'm not quite sure. And we've all come to the conclusion that the work i did prior to stepping into this country was much more creative.

One could even say i deserved my title.

But as i stare at my current pieces, it is obvious that i've lost my creative spark. It's actually quite depressing. I remember a time that i lived, breathed and ate Design. What happened? That's what i want to know.

I find myself very lost in this corporate world dishing out pieces that are now sans love.

This is not what it's meant to be like! Why does it feel like i've lost myself?

Why does it feel as if my drive has been ripped away from me? Every day i wonder where i've put my inspiration because it's been quite awhile since i've seen it last. I am desperately needing to find myself again before it's too late and i'm lost for good.

It's become a rather serious situation because unlike an over the counter prescription that can be bought anywhere, this is my future i'm talking about.

And to make matters worse, I'm surrounded by virus' and random sneezes!

No comments: