Wednesday, September 26, 2007

1 step at a time...

I am relieved to say my day was relatively productive. After several completely new designs, a second internal review and a few adjustments here and there, i finally created a layout that was given the green light. It felt as if the Gates of Hell were shut temporarily and the angels busted out with trumpets.

Now i just hope that the client likes it.

So apart from work, which obviously has been a key topic lately, i'm starting to think when on earth do i have time to mingle. More specifically, when should i start tip-toing into the World of Dating.

*gasps*

Yes i said the 'D' word again. For those of you who have followed my life will know that my dating track record is practically non-existent. Any interest was soon put out, simply because there was no chemistry or being a 'number' was proving to be not exactly healthy for me mentally. OH WELL what's done is done.

Obviously, it helps being in the right frame of mind and it was obvious that i wasn't ready before. But then again, when are we really ready?

I'd like to think that when it's time, it's time. Not only with relationships but with most things in general. I look at other relationships and envy the fact that they have someone to talk to and share their lives with. I think the less that i think about it, the better.

Which is probably why i've taken conscious steps to focus on more important things, like myself.

My drinking has always been my vice [as my mates will agree] and with parents to constantly remind me that A.D + ALCOHOL DO NOT MIX, i'm using this [TIME-OUT] period to sober-up drink less. It seems almost timely that with less events to attend and to promote for, the less alcohol i consume. It's only when i'm in my social butterfly mode that things get a bit hazy.

But so far, i'm doing well. *Pats her own back*

Then again, with my social life taking a back seat i've been forced to take a hard look at rearranging my life. And like my dad says, there needs to be a balance. So before stress swallows me whole and i have another nervous breakdown, i continue to try and find joy in even the little things. Oh and reminding myself to take each day as it comes. Let it be known it sure beats wanting to end my life.

No comments: