Friday, September 07, 2007

Off with her head!


My brilliant idea of getting a massage has done more damage than good!

The description said it was a Head, Shoulder and Back Stress Reliever. So i thought would be ideal seeing that my shoulders have been killing me lately and my back has been giving me issues for awhile.

At first she applied very little pressure and the satisfaction factor was close to zero. I raised my head when she rambled on about something in Chinese. I then politely interrupted her and said, "English?" She giggled and then replied with, "HAR-der?" I was quick to reply with, "Yes please".

I AM SUCH A DUMB ARSE!

Because right after that she went full force. It's that whole Pain vs. Pleasure thing, i guess. I could feel her dig deeper into each knot in my back. Tendons along my spine were suddenly awake and i could feel them roll over my vertebrae with every touch.

45 minutes later the woman went on to explain to the the receptionist that my back is "VERY BAD". And by the time i got home the ache didn't subside. The back of my neck was feeling slightly puffy and my spine wasn't feeling any better.

Great... i'm feeling worse!

So hoping that the SALONPAS patches would help, i checked the box whether there was a maximum number that one could apply at one go. But couldn't find anything, so i slapped on 2 on my neck and 2 on my shoulders. I ended up waking up several times during the night and wasn't comfortable at all!

So nearly 24 hours later it still hurts and i can feel bruises all up my back!

I doubt it's serious since i can still move my head and lift my arms. I've probably just pinched a nerve or something like that. I blame the stress factor and having to sit in front of the stupid computer for hours on end. It doesn't help that my posture is shit house.

Seriously, they feel like hard as rock nuggets right where my shoulder meets my neck. If only i could grab a scalpel and slice out the pain, i would be so happy! But if this issue persists i should probably see an Osteopath... if not, i might just throw up!

No comments: