Friday, August 24, 2007

Changes

Soon my working week will come to an end. *stares at the clock in the upper right corner of her screen*

My menopausal client was here just now to go through the copy changes so i can do the final editing. And "final" is usually NEVER final, as there are ALWAYS last minute changes.

But apart from that, there were no extreme dramas or random emotional outbursts this week. I have succeeded in meeting ALL my deadlines and have even completed all the itty bitty changes needed before AnBloodyMumNohMore returns from her trip to the UK.

As predicted, this week has been all about changes.


The company has gained a few employees, all of which are in upper Management, and for the sake of the under dogs will mean *hopefully* a change for the better and one step closer to a bonus.

But with work being my bitch this week, i couldn't be arsed to make an appointment to the hairdresser to cut my fringe. So i did it myself...

*giggles*


And no i don't look stupid! I just trimmed the ends because i was over the eye ball stabbings each time i blinked.

But on another note, i am so needing a holiday!

My folks are off to Germany for 2 whole weeks end of next week to see my sister and her beau. I so wish i could accompany them but with work flooding in that's totally out of the question! But i'm hoping my boss will allow me a few hours off on Thursday so i can at least see them before they go on their much deserved break.

Plus looking at my piggy bank balance, it doesn't look do-able any time soon.

BUT hopefully, ONCE i pay off my credit card debts and pray hard enough that work doesn't come raining down on me AND my boss approves my leave, i could possibly make a trip to the other side of the world in 2008.

[I am imagining myself at some winery, watching my sister and MushroomBoy get drunk and standing out like a sore thumb amongst tall, pasty white Germans. Then later getting lost down some cobble stone lane taking random photos of foreign objects and strangers].

*wishes harder*

Oh!

And to end my working week on a happy note. Two of my clients commented that they're very happy with the work that i did for them and the response was all positive.

So YAY fuckin' YEA for me!
*Plants a gold star right smack in the middle of her forehead*

No comments: