Monday, August 13, 2007

It takes a lot of crap to get one movin'...




I can't remember the last time i woke up before the sunrise [obviously those times that i had stayed up from the night before doesn't count] but i was practically freezing my tits off!

Yes, finally my landlady's 15 year old air-conditioner is back on track. Even Satan's spawn wasn't making a ruckus, as he usually does first thing in the morning because he's starving or i've accidently pushed him off the side of the bed. I woke up and found him curled beside me looking very confused.

But i made sure all 3 alarms went off at intervals of 10 minutes, just so i wouldn't go right back to sleep. And because the control for the aircon was on the opposite side of the wall i remained curled under my doona wishing i could just stop time.

So anyway, the shoot this morning went well despite running slightly over time but we still managed to get a few decent shots. My job was to art direct which i have no problem with, only difference is this is AnBloodyMumNoMore's job and i didn't want to screw up.

Sometimes pessimism does wonders to ensure that one can always improve, no matter what. If not that, then i'd totally get my arse kicked for not doing my job.

Miraculously, timing was on my side and we managed to get all the shots done and didn't have to request for a permit extension. I then convinced my AE to drive me from the other side of KL to the Securities Commission smelling like a combination of Coppertone's SPF30, OFF! insect repellant and morning heat so i could attend Sagmeister's talk.

THANKS!

It was like a mini ex-agency reunion. It must have seemed like i was giving endless hugs to randoms and was usually followed with, "OH MY GAWD, how are YOUUUUU?" Ok, i admit it, it was nice to see the familiar faces i had pushed to the back of my thoughts.

Plus Stefan's talk was not only entertaining but inspiring. Most importantly, it helped nudge me along so i can start getting my shit together.

Oh...
.
.
.
and if you haven't already, you can perve on his schtuff at sagmeister.com

2 comments:

Vernon said...

You went too? Darn. If I had known what you looked like, I would have said hi. Heheh.

Sagmeister is inspiring as much as he is entertaining and down-to-earth.

Lovely!

winkris said...

Hmmm... well seeing that my picture is plastered all over this site, i dunno. Oh well.

But yea, the talk was great.

Maybe people should suggest more designers to come for talks in the future, seeing the turnout was pretty good.

*shrugs*