Wednesday, August 15, 2007

When all else fails, carbs + dairy to the rescue.

You know when things are changing when you find yourself listening to Enya on your iTunes to get yourself through the mid afternoon struggle and you can't be arsed to click FORWARD.

And NO, i didn't put it there!

I've inherited my colleague's old G5 in the office, which also means i've taken over ALL his music. Some of the tracks haven't been named, so i've got 20 versions of Track 1 through 14 to get through. Most of them ranging from instrumental Chinese love songs to Canto Pop, it's like pot luck, you never know what you're going to get.

One would think i'd be used to not understanding what is being said but i figured since it's taking up valuable RAM i might as well delete them. So between trashing songs and NEARLY completing my layouts, i've had a somewhat productive today.

But by 7pm, my mind had already wandered out the door and i decided that i had enough. I figured my work can wait till tomorrow.

I then came home thinking i could do the dishes and cook up some pasta. BUT then when i turned on the tap this rumble came from the pipes. UH OH! I'm guessing someone fiddled around with the mains this afternoon because within seconds the water turned rusty and started spewing out all sorts of crap.

WHAT THE...!

N.A.S.T.Y

I guess the dirty dishes will have to wait for one more day and dinner will be Dutch Gouda and the yummy sundried tomato baked bread that i bought at the bakery yesterday. Oh well... can't say no to carbs.

No comments: