Sunday, August 26, 2007

From the Outside Looking In.

I had no expectations stepping into Samkkya Wellness Centre and the entire rejuvenation treatment took about 3 hours. In total, i was there for nearly 5 hours!

It started with a foot soak and then a head and shoulder massage. But little did i know that i was going to be heavily slathered with oils by 2 women and lying practically spread eagle in what looked like an over sized disposable dark blue paper g-string!

I had so much oil rubbed into my skin, i felt like i was ready to participate in a girly wrestling match.

In fact, the sensation of having 2 pairs of hands working on me is very different from a conventional pair. I kept my eyes closed and tried to follow the rhythm of the movements as both were in sync with one another but my mind constantly darted as their hands ran up and down my body.

A matter of fact, it was rather sensual but the crinkling of their plastic aprons was a distraction and my head was soon filled with all sorts of nonsense. Stupid thoughts such as whether having a threesome was anything similar to the sensation. Obviously there was NOTHING sexual going on but the act of being at complete mercy was an experience.

So once that was done they busted out with these poultice [exactly what the image on the flyer shows in the previous post]. Filled with herbs and drenched with a concoction of oils they continued to lightly pound them on my body as if i were a piece of garlic and then ran them up and down my body as if they were trying to iron out my muscles.

The next treatment was dripping 2 litres of oil across my forehead. This was to to relax and used to open ones' 3rd eye. If anything this was what pushed me to relaxation mode and i was soon guided to another room where i sat in this cocoon like box filled with steam. I felt like a steamed dim sum and as it grew hotter inside the cocoon, i started sweating bullets.

The room that i was put in had an adjoining bathroom, which i was able to wash off as much of the oils as possible but even after 2 showers, i can still smell a faint scent lingering.

...

By the end of it i was well marinated and i was asked whether i wanted to get an Iridology reading. So i thought why not?

He asked various questions and went through my medical history. The more he explained, the more i found it fascinating. He showed me an iris that was healthy and one that wasn't. When i saw the unhealthy one, i got goose bumps... it was nasty! "It can reveal the body constitution, inherent strengths and weaknesses, health levels and transitions that take place in a person’s body according to their way of life."


25 August 2007
[Chrissie's Insides Viewed from the Outside]

Overall, i'm relatively healthy although i'm NOT entirely perfect. There are signs that need improvement and according to the reading my Nervous + Digestive System [in particular, my brain] plus my Muscles & Joints need to be improved, [it even shows that my back is weak and it has issues. See i wasn't exaggerating!]

According to the doctor, there are ways of reversing the damage but should i continue with my current lifestyle and habits, it will get worse. Duh!? After my results were recorded, the Naturopath informed me that i should speak with the onsite Ayurveda doctor. My day of pampering ended up more like a consultation but then again it was an eye opener [no pun intended].

SUGGESTIONS MADE:
Take up yoga or start exercising/breathing techniques. Speak to a counsellor/therapist. Do things that make me happy, even the smallest things.

He then mapped out a treatment plan, should i be interested but i'm not sure whether i'll go down that path... yet. And when asked how long it would take for the changes to show up in my iris, should i change my habits, he said about 2 months. Cool huh?

No comments: