Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Forever Afters

This evening after doing work at home, i found myself hovering above a dark cloud and for some absurd reason i can't seem to shut my brain up.

There must be something in the air or maybe it's just me. But i'm glued to watching those damn perfect wedding proposals shows and brides with poofy dresses on Discovery's Home & Health.

It's like a bloody car crash that you can't peel your eyes away from. Or like a fresh can of Pringles, you just can't get enough of. I'm surrounded by marriages, proposals and over fed cupids!

FIRST it was those damn babies and pregnancy shows and NOW it's the Forever Afters! What next? Perhaps if i start hanging around with super young friends, it may just trick my biological clock into slowing down or even better still, reset itself.
Oh and by the way, if you're new to reading about my life, don't worry... you won't have to read about an upcoming marriage or how madly in love i am. And if you're a keen stalker then you'll know this is just one of my many absurd tactics to mould me into a tougher cookie.
Why? I have no idea.

But maybe it's as if the more pain i inflict on myself the less i might feel. Does that even make sense? It's as if numbing myself will make it all just a little bit better in the end.

And no, i don't think i've developed masochistic personality traits.

[I use this space as my own personal therapy session with myself, it's free and i don't need to make an appointment].

OR

I could look at the bright side of my oh so very single life and just hook up with some cutie and leave my inhibitions outside the door until i make my exit in the morning.

OR

Maybe i should just head to bed.

No comments: