Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Was it fate? Or maybe it was the lunar eclipse.

The weirdest thing happened just now. I'll try and write it in the shortest possible way [if that's even possible].

I was feeling slightly cheated that i didn't get to witness an amazing lunar eclipse. It's not like i was expecting darkness to suddenly flood the skies but then again, if it did, i'd be slightly more impressed.

And the thought of walking back with 5 litres of kitty litre, 2 cans of cat food and 3 packs of cotton buds wasn't exactly inviting. So i asked SuperHeroShoes whether i could get a lift back with her. It was just past 7pm.

She then asked whether i minded if we drop by the Tibetan store quickly as today is their grand opening and she wanted to congratulate them. We walked in and immediately there was a sudden calmness in the air.

Immediately, we were welcomed. I then asked the woman behind the counter whether their opening was in conjunction with the lunar eclipse but according to her it wasn't. We decided to take a browse at all the items and another lady informed us that a few items were on sale.

And with 2 of my colleagues swearing that the talisman's that they purchased had in fact done them well. I was intrigued. I had a glance at the "traditional Buddhist mandala talismans which had been prepared and blessed by Tibetan lamas".

At first i admired the multi-coloured silk threads that bound each one of them. I then noticed that each one was specific to a particular wish or guidance.



Then in the corner of my eye i noticed one that sparkled.

It felt like it sucked me into its core. Above it had the name Lama Tsongkhapa written and after a closer look, a description specifically for Spiritual Guidance. Apparently it "increases positive energies and helps to remove obstacles and interferences".

And in some warped sci-fi kind of way it called out to me. And that was it, i knew that that was the one!

It also said that by repeating the following mantra it can increase the power of this mandala...

OM AH GURU VAJRA DHARA SUMATI KIRTI SIDDHI HUM

Pleased with my purchase, we said our good-byes and i headed towards the door. Then the woman whom i had spoken with when i walked in suddenly blurted out,"You seem happier today."

I turned around quite confused and she went on to say, "...compared to the last time, you weren't very happy. But today you are". We then exchanged smiles and i replied with, "how weird, i AM actually feeling better today. Thank you."

Inside my head i kept thinking, was she talking about my health? Because oddly enough, today i was feeling much better compared to the last few weeks. And what's even freakier [a good kind of freaky], is i don't ever remember meeting her.

SuperHeroShoes went on to say that in this life we all have guardian angels, which i believe we're not alone and to embrace it. Perhaps it was fate that brought me there. Life's way of guiding me through all the shit that i've been through and i guess proof that everyone needs a bit of help from time to time.

So yea, maybe the lunar eclipse has had an effect on me afterall. I'll take it as a positive sign.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that's a beautiful talisman. wear it in good health. where is this tibetan shop?

winkris said...

Yea... it's gorgeous! And thank you =)

I can't remember the name of the store but it's in Bangsar on Telawi 2 [Same row as La Bodega and right beside 'Mak Koh' restaurant].