Monday, August 27, 2007

A somewhat complex yet simple package

A conversation i had earlier with MissSeniorPisces [SOON TO BE KNOWN AS Ekamon] went along the lines of,
Ya know that hen's night picture... *insert description*
Yea, what about it?
I never noticed how in-your-face your tatt on your arm is...
I mean... i see you all the time but i don't really notice it.

Yea i know what you mean... from my angle, i can't even see it.


Then i thought to myself, that's true. After you spend X amount of time with an individual, you tend to weed out the unnecessary and any other body modifications. And until someone points them out, that is when they spring back out like a jack-in-a-box.

Then i was speaking with a client and i could see his eyes curiously looking down each time i waved my arms about during the conversation. Part of my brain was testing whether or not he had actually lost interest because his eyes contact kept wandering off. But then it occurred to me he was more curious as to what was on my arm.

At last he came out with, "you have a lot of tattoos..."

Unsure whether he was simply making a statement or he wanted me to go into full detail about the history of my ink. So i laughed it off and said, "no, not really. Mine just happens to be more visible to the public but it was never intended for anyone else".

He then continued on to say, "...most girls have small dainty, girly ones but yours... yours are big..."

I wasn't sure where this conversation was steering towards, so i just agreed and just changed the subject.

Which made me think about how one dresses and carries oneself can make a huge impact as to how you want people to perceive you. Honestly, i never really made a huge fuss about it; my piercings, ink or my style [i don't think i have "a style"].

I'm all up there with Simplicity... in some way or another.

I guess as long as i'm fully clothed and somewhat colour co-ordinated [which makes it easier since a huge portion of my wardrobe is black] i'm all OK.

But it's only been recently, that i've moulded myself into this non-typical cookie cut self. Somehow have even developed an independence that only Time has given and to some extent worked against me. But like i've said before, i have no regrets and in some twisted way, it keeps me occupied. [If that makes any sense.]

...

But i don't see myself as a "hardcore muthafucka" although some people may think i'm unapproachable at times. If anything, i'm probably more scared of them then they are of me!

Yes, there has been times that i've been out and have had panic attacks, which could explain my sudden quietness or change in mood. But when anxiety strikes, it's like a pendulum, it swings freely back and forth and i have no control of.

And honestly, the last thing i want is to be near anyone. Which can probably explain my recent sudden MIA mode and funk that i'm currently trying to get out of.

No comments: