Wednesday, January 23, 2008

de·ci·sions

:: Thanks Getty! ::

de·ci·sion Listen to the pronunciation of 1decision Pronunciation: \di-ˈsi-zhən\
noun: a: the act or process of deciding b: a determination arrived at after consideration: conclusion

I went to sleep last night trying to sort out my thoughts, as one does as one tries to make sense of the days influences and conversations. Not going as far as writing them down on paper but as i mentally grouped the scribbles that seemed to have etched themselves into my thoughts, i came to the conclusion that i can go on for days swinging the pendulum of questions, concerns and options. And then only to store them in the far corner of my brain to manifest into a mound of confusion.

Procrastination? Maybe. Indecisive? Most likely.

But like Eureka, it only took one remark and a raised tone across the dinner table for me to make up my mind. Never mind that only hours before i was beginning to like the idea of furthering my studies but the little voice in me continued to echo in my ears throughout the car ride home and so i stared out onto the brightest full moon for an answer.

Then at approximately 5.47 in the morning i realised my motivation and what was important to me in order to reach my goals and gaining back my Independence very much relies on my decision. Whether it's the right choice, i won't know but at least i'm taking a chance on the unknown and let's see where this takes me.

So on that note, i'm going to say, Fuck it! I'm sending out my resume.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you go girl! and anyway nothing is permanent and if it doesnt work out you can always change your mind, look for another job, or go study or be a nun or whatever...

go go go!

(as for me... i have today, tomorrow, then 4 days next week and i'm outtttaaaaaa heeeeeerrrrreeee!!

mlp

winkris said...

heya mlp! I could always rely on you to be so encouraging and optimistic pony. THANK YOU. And i realised running off to the nunnery won't answer any of my issues. I'll end up having to rinse out my mouth and squirt holy water up my nose to cleanse my thoughts daily. So yea, that cancels that idea =p

As for YOUuuUUuu... omg i'm sooo excited for you! You get to start a new chapter too. Good luck with Sashapau *hugs*