Friday, January 04, 2008

It's all new to me...

Because i have itchy fingers, i couldn't just leave the masthead alone. I had to go and redo the whole template too.

It bugged me that the format got screwed up when people viewed this site in I.E. Why are people still on I.E... boooOoooo! I thought i'd be clever by taking an existing template and then adjusting it according to my specs, which i did... easy right? But wait! Because i am a champion i copied a template that is in a different language. Check the page source... if you understand the coding, you'll know what i mean!

Yes, i am a dumb arse!

It didn't make a huge difference since i don't really know how to create html docs or css whatevers, it just makes understanding the process slightly more complex.

Well done!

But because i have so much time on my hands today, i managed to figure it out. Just. And it is only because i managed to wing it by the copy + paste function that the site looks rather presentable.

So if you see any errors, broken links or anything seriously wrong... please send me a message!

OH and if anyone knows how to increase the leading between the lines... please feel free to tell me how to do it. Cause the lines are looking rather squishy. For the love of all great things, i can't seem to figure out how to allow more breathing space! I'm feeling rather claustophobic. [FIXED on 05.01 @ 0916]

And why is it when i click on the comments link, it opens it on the same page as opposed to a pop-up. And before you ask, yes i did check the Settings and it says it's set to open in a pop-up window. AND THEN? Why is it not working. Whyyyyyy?

Seriously, now my ass is numb from sitting down for so long... i believe it's close to flat now. I should really peel myself away from the computer before my eyes turn square.

7 comments:

winkris said...

NOTE TO CLAUSTOPHOBICS: I fixed the line spacing! It was a case of trial & error and checkin' other page sources.

And as for the pop up window... will it works, it's only when you click on the comments link to view the comments that it opens it on the same page. I'm still trying to figure out how to eliminate that one step, so it opens directly into a pop-up

Duke said...

"But because i have so much time on my hands today, i managed to figure it out."

WHERE"S MY TATOO TEMPLATE?!?

winkris said...

maaaate... i know, i've been kinda occupied lately and i sorta forgot... sorry. But i'll speak to ya on msn.

tek said...

Your headers can never look bad heh. Another job well done. Me likes the roots the most haha. Oh..I am 5 days late but, Happy New Year. All the best in your future undertakings and best of health in the new year :)

winkris said...

tek: awww thanks tek! How sweet, i appreciate your kind words. Hopefully i'll be inspired to do much better in days/weeks to come.

And happy new year to you too. Thanks for the wishes and hope your year goes well and is filled with good times!

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry but its really hard to read now... its all a big blur.,. did you change the font and size?

winkris said...

oh.

I did change the font and the size. Well i've made it slightly bigger now. How is it now?

I take it you're using Safari and your settings are set to small. Hmmm... i can't check on a mac since i can't get online with mine... so how now brown cow?