Monday, January 07, 2008

Riding in circles

Yesterday's random outing sparked some form of creative bug in me. It even produced a sudden urge to visit the National Art Museum and even stop by the Toy museum today but sadly i went as far as the kitchen.

But i found myself cooped up in my room wishing that the dull headache that i went to sleep with would go away. It didn't. So i occupied my time by manifesting random ideas that sounded good at the time and could perhaps be beneficial to my health.

Exercise.

Something that i haven't done in awhile. There doesn't seem to be any Kundalini Yoga places in my area and the centers are pretty far away from my folks place. The thought of an hour's class and then having to stand on the train for just as long and stressing myself even more does not sound inviting or relaxing for that matter.

Then i thought, why not a bicycle. Don't laugh... and no i don't mean a tricycle!

I remember when my man was on holiday here and we were on that little man-made island, he suggested we rent bikes and suddenly it freaked me out. I hadn't ridden a bike in ages! I know how to ride a bike - i think i remember. There was a time that my sister and i would wear matching jump suits - willingly mind you, and ride our bikes to the nearby park with our dad.

But those days are long gone.

I believe my last bike ride attempt was last Christmas with my sister and her now husband. Our little adventure didn't last very long, probably because the rented bikes were so crusty and the seats were so uncomfortable we might as well have shoved a rod up our arses.

But then i thought, i'd be a bit nuts to go out and just buy a bike.

A smart idea would be to head to the East Coast and rent one for S$5/90 mins and see how i go. Then my attention shifted to roller blades. Yes my attention span can flutter back and forth. I figured that since i can ice skate, i'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get into roller blading. So i searched online for various stores, all of which are on the other side of the island. So maybe that's something i can check out this week.

And that was that. My fitness frenzy sort of fizzled out there.

I soon found myself passed out on my bed surrounded by back issues of trashy magazines kindly donated by my mother. Yes i am a bum. And yes i sat on my ass all day, which isn't all that much different from my working life but now i'm living off my Savings, there are no pressing deadlines and i'm bludging off my folks till i get my feet back on the ground.

As for my job search, well that hasn't really begun. To be honest, i don't know what i want to do and it doesn't help that i'm questioning my creative potential. I've browsed design directories/forums and even noted down a few studios that seem interesting but that's as far as i've gone. I guess i'm still trying to get a grip on Reality and trying to figure out which path i want to go down. Fate has given me this opportunity/ Time Out, so i should be grateful for this breather.

Seriously, it's moments like these i wouldn't mind just being a house wife and raising a family. Don't worry, i say this now but once it happens, i'll be craving for a career and itching to go on random getaways with my man... which of course we intend to do but not until i get my arse back into a paying job.

Yes i am quite fickle that way.

Oh no! That better not be my biological clock ticking i hear. Oh gawd... could it be that my ovaries are talking to me again? Shush... not now!

I'll admit the thought of going back to work scares the shit of me and the last thing i need is to be stressed and have another break down. Just dealing with everything that's happened in recent months, i've realised, has made me withdraw into my little shell.

And yes, i am not ashamed to admit i am having issues dealing with it all.

I'm only human.

3 comments:

Duke said...

send your CV to :
vivien@trueyoga.com.sg

BOOM!!

Anonymous said...

take up rollerblading! its fun and you can get damn fit real fast with it. 2 exercises that tones you up and loses the calories.. swimming and rollerblading. I used to be damn fit when i did it..back in Uni days..

by the way, i think i put on weight over the break cuz elaine saw me yesterday and the first thing that came out of her mouth was "WAAAAAAAH You put on WEIGHT" no hello no happy new year but "hey you're FAT!" shit..now i might have to consider rollerblading or roll my arse off a hill!

she even said.."love izzit?".. gosh if only! this is what 'independence' does to you!

winkris said...

Buddy: Hey mate thanks for that. I'll keep that aside for later =) Appreciate your help.

fat fish: Yea, i tried lookin' for roller blades today but as you can see i sort of got distracted... ehehe.

Oh do say hello to Elaine for me, i didn't say good-bye to her when i left. As for the putting on weight, well nothin' wrong with that, as long as you haven't gone to the extreme overnight. You're not obese!

But yea, i know how you feel, i've had a few ppl say that to me before... and i was like... OMFG how rude, i'm actually an OK weight for my height! I spent the next day or 2 obsessed trying to starve myself. Stupid how that happens.

*hugs*