Saturday, January 05, 2008

So yum in my tum...

FACT: Did you know Italian food is featured on the top of my food preferences. Second best would be Japanese. Good food always brings a smile to my face.

So when my folks said we were having Japanese for dinner, i was super excited.

Many of you will know i rarely take photos of my food, probably because by the time i whip out my camera half of the food has been consumed. And nobody likes to look at empty plate shots unless of course it was that person who ate it.

So yea, apparently this all-you-can-eat themed Japanese buffet is on every Saturday at Checkers at the Hilton. It's best to book a table in advance since it is often packed with greedy customers. I can see why though, everything looked so good but sadly the photos didn't do any justice to the quality.

It tasted way better than it looked!

I soon found myself colour co-ordinating my food and arranging it on my plate as i went along. Not only is it far more pleasing to the eye to have an array of colours than a bland looking combo but presentation is as important as the quality of the food. They say, one eats with ones eyes first.

I have to say, i was well satisfied and impressed that my gut could digest as much as it did.

Yes, i admit i practically inhaled my food. I blame the Advertising industry for somehow drilling it into ones' head to think one is only allowed minutes to enjoy ones' food. Time is of essence and with every minute gone, that's one minute closer to a deadline.

There was no deadline.

Only that my jeans were getting slightly more snug but before i knew it i was wandering up to see what else i could nibble on...


1st: variety of sashimi + sushi // soft shell crab // cold appetizers

2nd: More sashimi + sushi // tempura // seabass // potato salad

3rd: Green Tea soba noodles + tofu + miso soup

4th: Salmon & scallops tepanyaki // tofu // more sashimi // seaweed // grapefruit

5th: Green tea ice cream // fruits on a bamboo skewer // berries + marshmellows // random biscuit

6th: More green tea ice cream // berries + marshmellows

So yea, you can see Little Miss Piggy was out on the loose tonight. I think i'll start my exercise regime next week.

*stares at her waistline* Yes.

No comments: