Thursday, January 17, 2008

Taking steps in a new direction.

...One important lesson about letting go is that the greater our fear, the more we cling. The less fearful we are, the easier it is to let go. When we can let go, even as we sit in fear miracles happen. [p.50] - Just Listen: A Guide to Finding Your Own True Voice.

I've decided to extend my stay at my temporary home away from home by the border.

Here there are no disturbances or feeding schedules to adhere to. The closest i'll get to peace and independence and i realise it's exactly what i need to sort through my options. I'm taking this time to rearrange my thoughts so i can figure out what to do next. Although my choices are somewhat limited, in terms of my stay in the concrete jungle, i have to think long and hard what will benefit me in the future.

And at this point in time, i'm seriously considering returning to my studies.

So the past few days i've been doing my research and looking at my possibilities. Ways that could enhance my skills and perhaps give me an insight in another direction i chose to ignore. I've completed my BA and Honors in Graphic Design then went on to work for 4 and half years, so i don't see myself enrolling in another full-on degree that will take another 3 years! So my next option is a diploma in a specified field. I'm not sure whether doing my Masters is a smart move but i'm not canceling that option either.

I'm looking at the next 12-18 months. And as much as i dislike Reality, i have to be realistic.

So when i return to the little concrete island over the weekend, i'll pop by the Career expo. Who knows maybe i'll find something that interests me. If i don't, at least i got off my arse and checked it out and can't be accused of not doing my part. Then check out a few Design Schools/Academies next week and speak to a representative.

But i'm taking each day as it comes and i continue to chip away the negative thoughts that have attached themselves to the lining of my brain.

2 comments:

Duke said...

http://www.fidm.com/

BOOM

my old girlfriend went there. Incredible school in an incredible city.

winkris said...

oOooooo... checked it out. The thing is, it's on the wrong continent. But thanks for the link anyway buddy!