Saturday, January 19, 2008

Good Enough



Evanescence - Good Enough
In the video for Evanescence's new single, Amy Lee's love goes up in flames, gets extinguished and then breeds new life. [Source]

Under your spell again
I can't say no to you
crave my heart and its bleeding in your hand
I can't say no to you

Shouldn't have let you torture me so sweetly
now I can't let go of this dream
I can't breathe but I feel

Good enough
I feel good enough for you

Drink up sweet decadence
I can't say no to you
and I've completely lost myself and I don't mind
I can't say no to you

Shouldn't have let you conquer me completely
now I can't let go of this dream
can't believe that I feel

Good enough
I feel good enough
its been such a long time coming, but I feel good

and I'm still waiting for the rain to fall
pour real life down on me
cause I can't hold on to anything this good enough
am I good enough
for you to love me too?

so take care what you ask of me
cause I can't say no
...

I've had this song on repeat for most of the evening. It's beautiful. She's beautiful. Her voice sends soothing chills down my spine. Not only is the video pleasing to the eye but her lyrics evoke familiar thoughts and feelings i knew too well. There are metaphors flowing in from the left, right and center.

A past that eventually crippled me emotionally and tested my own existence. But the past year has kept me occupied and forced me to come face to face with the ugly side of Life... perhaps another of Lifes little tests? But with each disappointment and curve ball, somehow, someone, SOMETHING pushed me to land on all fours like a cat with nine lives.

And as a result my past has made me very weary and cautious. That's normal right?

But at last i have someone in my life and there are moments that i catch myself asking, when is it time to surrender my heart? My significant other continues to wrap me up in a blanket of comforting words and for once i feel wanted. Dare i say i even feel beautiful? There is definitely a bond that connects us although we are far apart. We miss each other more each day and i will continue to miss him as long as i live 7 hours ahead of him.

Technically, i can say i'm in his future. That sounds positive for a change and rather mushy *gasps*

So i guess i should take advantage of our time apart and continue to break down my walls even further. Who knows what lies behind. Strange how it's only been 4 months [shy of 10 days] but i'll admit i am scared ...its been such a long time coming, but I feel good and I'm still waiting for the rain to fall pour real life down on me cause I can't hold on to anything this good enough am I good enough for you to love me too?

No comments: