Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Smell. Each to their own.

I knew it was too good to last. The weather has turned all shitty again and there's a blanket of grey covering the sky. I have no intention to go anywhere today since i bought all i needed yesterday. And if i end up outside later, it would only be to waste money on say, useless junk or a new air-freshener.

After a long day at work and school, J came home finally. I put some chocolate wafer crispy things that he likes in his sandwich box. I figured i would surprise him, after all, it must be a bitch having to stay awake after a long day at work and listen to lectures. I guess that's when i come in, to help make the day run smoother.

"What's that smell?"

"What smell?"

"There's some kind of smell..." He takes a moment to try and think of a word.

"Oh you mean, this..." I run to the bathroom and excitedly show him this new air-freshener i bought. And explain that it was the nicest looking one available. They didn't have the other oil i liked where you stand those sticks in it.

"Why? Don't you like it?"

"Well. I noticed it earlier on and i wasn't going to say anything but..."

"But what? What's wrong with it?"

"It smells like... urinals."

And as usual i ask a question only to answer it myself. "Does it? No it doesn't."

"I smelt it earlier. I thought to myself maybe you missed and peed next to the toilet..."

"What?!" I start to laugh. "It doesn't smell that bad. Why don't you like it?"

"I can smell it throughout the hallway! It's that typical smell you find in mens' urinals. And considering that i brought it up and it smells like the urinals, it must mean something."

I wasn't sure whether he was insulting my taste in smell or that the air-freshner should be insulted.

So to add to the whole hype of the moment, i grabbed some sticky tape, emptied the rubbish bin so i could find the peel-away bit so i could tape it back together. Then chucked it in a sandwich bag, tied a secure knot and threw it at the back of the cupboard. Then marched up and down spritzing the air with a Mocha smelling room spray.

Then ended my scene with the last say, "Fine. It's not like you're here anyway."


So after careful examination and taking a whiff of the sealed bag, i still can't smell what he's going on about. It doesn't smell like a urinal - that's not to say that i spend a lot of time there but i don't think it smells that bad! I'm trying to imagine what a urinal would smell like but seriously, i've smelt worse. Although, i will admit, the gel pack does look like someone didn't drink enough water before his/her pee sample.

2 comments:

Belinda said...

hahahaha it looks like a mini-bag of pee!!!!

and "relaxing day" plus the photo of the chick...yeah, she looks like she's taking a relaxing whizz in the loo =P =P

winkris said...

I know right. No wonder the Asian chick looks so relaxed. Well do you want it? You too can have a relaxing day. I can mail it to ya if you want =p