Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Past and His Future under one roof.

I can't decide whether i should be excited or throw a hissy fit that i'll be spending the day helping my current boyfriend help his ex move her furniture out. Ok so we're inheriting a bunch of her furniture, not because she has decided to live all minimal but because she plans to move to Ireland next week. She's fallen in "love" and she's taking his children with her.

I guess the only next best thing for her to do is to follow her heart. I can understand that.

The move has been in the pipeline for the past few months so i guess now the date is official. It's on April Fool's. Surely it's not a joke since she's already given us a number of items like her mixer, DVD player and random kitchen items. Items that are in perfect working condition but she has chosen not to take them with her.

Time is running out and she's apparently just throwing out a lot of her things including a fridge, washing machine and various items that J has financed years before. But we said we'd take some of her shelving, Little L's wardrobe and things. Apparently, we're also storing a few of the Ex's items in our cellar until she can come back to get them.

I could be childish and say i don't want anything of hers and proclaim she has cooties! After all, J and her have had a history why should i want something of hers under my own roof?

But i tell myself they're only material things and they have no attachment. Have a heart, Chrissie! Plus they're items that would ordinarily cost us money. Money that we're supposed to be saving. Savings that take longer than expected.

J has said, he's not taking anything that they had bought together or they had when they were living under the same roof. And i'm sure he heard my sigh of relief after he said that. I had this absurd thought that the particular item would have eyes and it had perhaps watched them have sex. And having it sit in our home, staring at me staring at it doesn't sit so well with me.

But oh joy.

I get to spend the day with my boyfriend's Ex at her apartment. I get to take her stuff and have Little L spend one last night at our place. Little L was supposed to stay over last night and i even baked her cookies. But J got a sms from her mother to say she wanted to stay at home yesterday because it was Little L's last night at her place with furniture. I couldn't help but feel sad for her.

There was talk that we'd get her key so that we can go in there and take any additional items. But i dunno, i'm a little hesitant on going back into their apartment after they move out. After all, i'm thinking we're not her bloody movers. But then J informs me yet again that it costs money to hire movers. Money that he would probably have to fork out and money he does not have to give. Then i think, well then doesn't she have any other friends? And again i tell myself, have a heart Chrissie it's only for a few more days.

I don't know why but why am i feeling a little confused and emotional about all of this? I better start getting ready...

4 comments:

fallah said...

I think its natural for you to feel the way that you do. Its all a bit weird in a sense but obviously you're allowing your common sense to rule the situation rather then your heart. However, allow yourself to feel as awkward as you want but just make sure that you channel your emotions in a positive manner rather then just letting it explode all over the place. I'm sure J must be feeling a whole pile of emotions as well. Remember if you say anything in regards to this to J to make sure you have the "I" conversation rather then the "you" conversation...hugs and kisses

winkris said...

Yes, it's not the common setting at all. But i think he could read it on my face this morning since i wasn't a very happy camper.

It's OK, i've calmed down and managed to shut the voice in my head up. Now i'm babysitting a 6 and an 8 year old instead whilst he does what he has to do.

But thanks for the support F. Hugs & kisses backatcha.

Ms. Redd said...

i agree with fallah. i think its only normal that you do react/feel the way you did/do. current girlfriend and ex-girlfriend just aren't meant to be together in a 'sentence', ya know...

but well, on hindsight...she'll be far away

winkris said...

Ms. Redd: That's true. I guess i just was having one of those paranoid/insecure moments.