Thursday, March 12, 2009

Secret Birthday Getaway

We got on the topic of my birthday and J busted out with, "Don't forget to bring your swimming clothes."

"Why? Where are you taking me?"

"It's a surprise."

"Great. You're taking me to the public swimming pool down the road, aren't you?"

We've been talking about checking out the indoor public pool for quite some time. So last week i bought a pair of 99 cents slippers from Rossman's because i don't fancy getting athlete's foot from walking around the changing room barefoot. I'm sure i told you that my trusty GAP slippers that served as a second skin in KL committed suicide sometime in Summer 2008! Tragically by dislodging its strap from itself.

Believe me i'm still in mourning.

As J continued to ramble on about how great the pool would be, deep inside i was hoping i wouldn't have to celebrate my birthday wading through strangers' flakes floating on chlorinated water. Maybe if i were turning 10 and it was followed by a round of Pin The Tail On the Donkey.

Hmmm... or not.

Then J started scribbling on a piece of paper and then handed me a list of things i should bring...


I have no idea where we're going and J refuses to reveal its' location. So i'm just going to pack my roll-away bag and see where Saturday takes me.

So in the mean time, i will try to get more clues. So far all i've managed to squeeze out of him is, it's about 80km away and we're staying over Saturday night. I wonder how many secret getaways are tucked away in a 80km radius from where we are?

Hello Google!

2 comments:

Ms. Redd said...

hahahha the list of things to bring is so cute!! specially the last one...! well, wherever you're headed to this weekend... have a good one ;)

winkris said...

MsRedd: Yea, i think he's more excited than i am... ehehe. But thanks, i'm really looking forward to tomorrow, even if i do end up in... a swimming pool.

Hmmmpf... ;)