Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Health comes first, then happiness.

One's health is everything. My last blood test was 6 months ago and that was to check up on my Thyroid [which has returned to normal and has been stabilized all thanks to Carbimizole].

But seriously, the thought of having a needle jabbed into my arm turns me into jelly every time.

I HATE NEEDLES!!!

Which is ironic seeing that i adorn myself with ink and piercings. [I'm sure i'm not the only one that squirms at the thought of having ones' blood being sucked out of your arm].

So anyway Admin organised for one of the nurses from Desa Medicare Screening to come in to give a talk about how a simple blood test could check for 54 various diseases and deficiencies. It's one of those things when until something drastic happens then a person goes for a check up and seeks help from a professional.

[Apparently, the woman's been around most of the Advertising agencies and giving the same lecture].

Only 4 of us attended the presentation.

Feeling like little Miss Goody2Shoes sitting in a lecture hall, AnBloodyMumNohMore and i stared at the four-page leaflet as the nurse went through each one. Each time she mentioned anything related to smoking, drinking, stress and not enough rest i couldn't help but nod and think... "ah fuck she's talking about me again."

And seeing that i was overdue for a check up, i owed it to myself to dish out the RM268 which entitled me to a full report after 3 weeks and hopefully a clean bill of health. Plus it's not every day that my blood gets collected in marked plastic tubes in the conference room.



And what better way to treat oneself after lunch but to head to my favorite store, Mooie. There i scored myself the ONLY PAIR of black Emily the Strange ballerina type shoes in size 38. [Apparently they are the only ones in Malaysia as they brought them in from New Zealand. But i wouldn't be surprised if one day i find them in Sungei Wang].

Oh well, at least my hunt for flats is over. Best part is they're super comfy and they don't make my feet look like they belong to a pregnant woman.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG those are too cute!!!!

I can't wear ballerinas. the top is too small usually for me and I don't like that I can see the bottoms of my toes LOL

winkris said...

I KNOW RITE!? =)

Actually it's not that bad... the top bit isn't so small. They're totally cute... *skips away*

Anonymous said...

I need to get myself a pair of summer shoes. All the shoes I have are for winter and it's all just too bloody warm :(

I was inspired and after class yesterday went to go try on ballerinas. Yeah, I still can't get my big ass toes in there lol In regular shoe stores they don't have a really big variety for wide feet. Usually only for men.

Unknown said...

acupuncture is Da Bomb!

winkris said...

boo: Yea i have issues finding shoes too... they either make my feet look bloated or they're designed for super skinny feet. Hmmmpf. I say wear slippers!

lanatir: I take your word for it. But i have heard that it does wonders.

Unknown said...

actually it has... fixed my slipped discs problems for me

winkris said...

well there ya go... Cheers to a better spinal chord.