Saturday, June 16, 2007

RM75 + 7 hours to waste

I can't get anymore lamer than i already am.
I'm sitting at an internet cafe at KLIA waiting to board my flight. So here it goes, i'll share with you my little dose of stupidity...
My flight was scheduled to leave at 10.45am. I even managed to get AnBloodyMumNohmore to give me a wake up call at 7.30. So thinking i'd have enough time, i casually called a cab and made my way to KL Sentral an hour later.
A huge rubber stamp with the word DOMESTIC was printed on my ticket. So i assumed that meant the LCC Terminal. And before you even say, NO it's not... well wait, my story hasn't ended yet.
So i'm sitting on this oversized bus and the air-conditioning is turned on full-blast. I'm wearing my regular get up that consists of my 3/4s, a baby T and slippers. Half an hour into the journey my toes seem to have turned a light shade of blue due to the temperature being close to that of Siberia.
I arrive at LCCT and stare up at the Departures schedule, only to notice they're only flight numbers starting with 'A'. I have my headphones on and i don't notice my friend calling out my name. It's Naz, my old college mate from way back. I'm sure i had BIMBO scratched into my forehead, if not well it should have been.
Without a hug and greeting, i bust out with, "OH MY GAWD I CAN'T FIND MY FLIGHT! I'm at the wrong terminal..." So there i was dragging my roll away bag, carrying my faux Tokidoki LeSportsac and looking very stressed in a terminal full of early birds. But i noticed my flight was scheduled to leave in less than an hour! So i run to the Information desk only to be told the dreadful news i already knew.
55 minutes til departure
"I'm sorry mam you'll miss your flight. You will have to take a taxi or the bus to KLIA. The next flight is this afternoon..." I thanked her for her assistance and said farewell to my friend. It soon was followed by a frantic call to my dad. Being the calm one, he told me to relax and just make my way to the ticketing office at KLIA.
By the time i arrived, i dragged my stupid self to the counter and explained my story. Which the lady smiled [i can only assume she found my story amusing]. And because of my stupidity i've had to pay a RM75 penalty fee and wait for the next flight at 5.25pm.
So in the past 4 hours i have;
  1. Seen 3 people with cowboy hats
  2. Bought a book [The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon]
  3. Polluted my lungs with 3 cigarettes
  4. Eaten at Burger King
  5. Sipped on brewed coffee
  6. Rode on 2 buses [from KL Sentral and LCCT]
  7. Taken random photos
  8. Visited the loo way too many times
  9. Payed RM10 to use the internet for 50 minutes

[I have 20 minutes left to use the internet and 2 and a half more hours to kill]. *Sigh*

No comments: