Monday, June 18, 2007

He wrote, Love...

I spent the early part of the day rummaging through boxes looking for some photo albums of when i was a teen. For some reason my need to turn back the clock was on the top of my agenda the minute i woke up.

I can't remember how many boxes i went through but it seemed like i managed to find every other photo other than the ones that i was looking for [which usually is the case]. Photographs ranging from me trying to get my balance in front of my 1st birthday cake to that awkward stage when i had a mouth full of metal, permed shoulder length hair and proudly displayed a serious case of bad dressing.

Amongst the random photographs that lay bundled together, i came across captured moments of him and i. I do remember there was a time that i couldn't bring myself to even browse through the albums. But this time i slowly went through them and the memories came flooding in.

It seemed like every other photograph i picked up had his face captured or was a part of a story leading to his image. And as if i were reliving the moment, i played the scene in my head as if it just happened. It didn't make me sad, if anything it brought back some funny moments and i couldn't help but smile.

And just like that i got sidetracked.

I decided to look for a particular shoe box knowing perfectly well where it was located, i took out the step ladder. And there it was, just where i last saw it months ago. The box contained letters and random objects. Never the one to throw things away, i found miscellaneous items that to the layman it would be rubbish but somehow it had sentimental value.

I didn't have the heart to reopen the envelopes, so i just ignored them and turned over the random postcards. I read them as if i were reading it for the first time.

I thought of taking some photographs and the letters back with me but instead i packed them away neatly and returned them to its original place. One day i hope i can sit down and read through them but for the time being, i'll let them rest in peace.

But i did end up packing my old 1995-1996 Homework Diary in my rollaway bag.

Back then my handwriting took up two-thirds of the space between the lines. Large enough that if one was visually impaired, it would still be legible. A calendar filled with homework assignments, names of bars/clubs i went to and even pentagrams on the days that him and i did the nasty.

Then i came across this and i remembered why i kept it for so long...


[Just thought i'd say Hi, Happy 1 month Anniversary Love Mark]

Who knew we'd end up celebrating 96 months [give or take a few, i can't remember anymore]. Oh well... it's all in the past.

But isn't it funny how those little things in life can mean so much. It's all over red rover.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bah! I reject your blog because it makes me cry :(

*siiiiiiggggggh* I love you though forever and ever. I can't stuff you back in and ask for a refund anyways :P you really are the best brotherI could have ever hoped for. ;)

winkris said...

DON'T CRYYYY! "You know what mom always said..."

Thanks Boobers and i couldn't have asked for a hairier brother either =) LOVES YOU!

xes said...

so sad :(

but life goes on. time to move on!

winkris said...

xes: BoOOohoo =(

So sad. I know!