Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Spankin' new passport and nowhere to go

I was meant to meet my dad at the hotel at 10am so then i could have brekkie before we headed off to the embassy to pick up our spankin' new passports. I was down to my last page!

But it was 9.30 by the time i woke up and i ended up spending the next 15 minutes lazing around in bed whilst Satan's Spawn cuddled up to my right calf and rested his head against my ankle.

BAD MOVE because i ended up taking a short snooze. By the time i reached the hotel it was inching towards 11. And like a drive-by pick-up, my dad hopped into the cab and we made our way to the embassy. Which took up all of 10 minutes!

We decided to have brunch [since i took half day leave]. I then spent some time and chatted with him about life and what stresses invades my brain. I decided to accompany him to The Mall so he could purchase his new rollaway bag and i oogled over my new SUPER SAVER flashlight and 1 Litre water bottle.

I returned to the office by 2pm and have planted my arse in front of my computer since then.

I've been so busy with work i've only had time to go downstairs for a smoke ONCE. Yes my lungs are thanking me.

I've finished ALL the changes and have even completed the work that i need to send off in the morning for approval. Yes i deserve a giant gold star.

But my nightmare doesn't end there because tomorrow i have to concentrate on the conference booklet [which i'm hoping to at least get the layout completed by tomorrow otherwise my boss will chop up into little pieces and demand an explanation as to why i'm slacking].

HELLO! I am not slacking.

I only know my attention to detail has gone down the drain and as a result i feel like shit. But that's a whole different story.
.
.
.
If only he knew how many bloody changes and media/ad inserts there were... *sigh* I'm sure he does know. It's not as simple as it looks... i only have 2 hands, 1 brain and 24 hours in a day.

FUCK IT... i'm done for the day. I have a headache, i'm hungry and i want to go home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like the new passport design :( it's boring. I liked the one with the mammoths n shit!!!!

I was so sad when I had to renew my passport and I looked at the pages and the pretty pics were gone :(

winkris said...

When i renewed my passport in 2003 they had already changed the design =( Yea, i was tellin' AnBloodyMumNohMore about how they had the history of the Netherlands all done in illustrations throughout the whole passport.

WAY COOL.

But this edition has an anemic pink shade on the details section *spew spew*

AND

my signature has been shrunk down to like 1cm long! It's like WTF? It's hard enough to sign within the white box and now i can't even see my signature!

*bleh*