Wednesday, June 27, 2007

So we meet again.

The past few days/weeks i've been so preoccupied with work that any free time i get i find an escape by reading up on other peoples' lives. It's like peeping through the keyhole and observing their lives and how they want to be seen to the public. Hmmm... sounds familiar?

Recently i've gotten back into contact with long lost school mates from way back. Some as far as 17 years ago. Then there are those friends who have that strong connection with my ex and i. I always had that feeling as if they were "his" friends.

And i contemplated whether i wanted to add them to my list...

Uh oh.

At one stage just hearing their names opened a few wounds and memories were evoked. I chose to cut myself out of their lives in order to heal. But as time moved on [and proves], it's true it does make one stronger.

To those who have stuck beside me till now, i can appreciate what i had and am thankful to have them in my life.

And although our lives have gone separate ways, our paths have now crossed again and it's so nice to catch up again. Never mind it's only just a few typed sentences.

It's as if nothing changed.

But it brings me back and i realised i do really miss them... and him. And it's those kinds of friendships that one appreciates and often take for granted. I look at the present and see so many open spaces and realise what's lacking.

...

"...But I've got to get a move on with my life. It's time to be a big girl now. Big girls don't cry..." ~
Big Girls Don't Cry (Fergie)

No comments: