Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wuth wrong wif ma toof?

[Courtesy of littlerocket dot net]

It's already mid week and already i'm yearning for the weekend. I'm super stressed and the lack of sleep has finally hit hard.

I've been super busy at work with deadlines coming out from all directions. Yesterday my brain couldn't hack it and i felt my eyelids forcing themselves shut at one point.

I stared at my computer screen and chanted to myself to WAKE THE FUCK UP but all that did was put me into some sort of trance and my eyes suddenly went cross eyed.

"10 minutes... JUST 10 minutes of shuteye is all i need..."

I positioned myself in front of the beanbags and armed myself with a notebook, brief and pencil just in case i needed to scribble. And within seconds fell onto the marked space on the over sized beanbags which are conveniently tucked away in the corner behind the 2-way bookshelf. My arse cushioned itself and within seconds i fell into the most intense cat nap.

I woke up to the sound of my boss' voice talking to one of the clients over the phone. Whilst pacing back and force in his office, he managed to convince our client to not cancel the brochure that i had painstakingly been working on.

Which was around the time that i sprung back up and returned to the glare of my computer screen.

...

Yesterday i decided to make an appointment to see a dentist up the road.

In fear that my slight chip on my front tooth would result into a bigger chip that in turn would mean i'd have to get it removed. But i can't remember the last time i went to the dentist. All i remember is going into surgery when i was 17 to remove all 4 wisdom teeth that were still embedded in my jaw bone. And as a result left me looking like a swollen chipmunk and sipping blended fruits through a straw for a week.

But images of a toothless smile flashed before my eyes!

What if my teeth were in fact rotten because i had steered clear of the dentist ever since. What if i had to get a full set of dentures by the time i turn 30 and had to learn how to perfect a gummy smile.

Oh no, i can hear the drill in the background *cringes*

It ended up that my tooth had a crack through it and due to grinding my teeth at night, i had worn down a small section of it. But apart from that i was congratulated that my teeth were in good condition. *pats herself on the back*

So a sealant was applied to the chip, some scaling and polishing was done and i was out the door within half an hour. It's like magic... my tooth looks complete again.

No comments: