Saturday, February 24, 2007

Afternoon pick up

I've never liked the mullet but for some odd reason the hairdresser that i've been going to somehow manages to thin down my hair to a point where it looks slightly on the mullet side. Somehow the whole trailer trash come pirated VCD seller look doesn't sit too well with me.

And having being blessed/cursed with ridiculously straight hair the option for bouncy locks is not an option. And no, i will not perm my hair!

I decided to make an appointment to see my hair stylist, whom i haven't seen in the past year since moving to a different area code. The man responsible for transforming me from a modern day asian repunzel and introducing me to the astro boy era.

It was mid afternoon by the time i made it out and the sky was turning a darker shade of grey. And making no effort to disguise my semi-mullet, i grabbed my trusty black headband to keep the fly-aways in place. Dressed in a simple black singlet, 3/4 multi-coloured patterned skirt and my GAP slippers i headed to the monorail station and headed down town to the newly launched salon, The Met where my stylist is working before he runs off to Shanghai.

And as usual i had my headphones on and paying very little attention to my surroundings. But the strangest thing happened as soon as i got on the train. In the corner of my eye i noticed this guy standing about 2 metres away from me just looking in my direction. I figured he was staring out the window, just as i was staring straight ahead. By the time i got closer to my destination, more passengers were getting on, so i shifted my weight and tucked myself into an available corner.

But just as the train got to the next stop i felt someone tap me on the arm. I look up and THAT guy whom i briefly got a glimpse of passes me a folded piece of paper. My initial thought was i had dropped it and he was being polite by returning it.

I glanced at it and it was...


And before i even got a chance to say anything, the guy and his friend were out on the platform. I tried to get a better look at him but all i could see were the backs of heads and his friend slapping him on the back and probably saying, "Oh my gawd, i can't believe you ACTUALLY did it!"

So there i was standing there with a folded piece of paper surrounded by strangers and i'm sure my cheeks were one shade rosier.

Suddenly i was feeling like i was back in high school peering down on a piece of paper that had been slipped under my table, it seemed almost surreal. Never had i been 'picked up' in public in the mid afternoon and been approached in such manner. If i had known the minus-product-and-uneven-hair look was my ticket to being attached, it might have saved me some money but i must stick to my guns and SAY NO TO MULLETS.

So once i got home and my hair was finally trimmed back into shape, i returned a phone call to my dad and told him about my day. And instead of him saying i should be careful of strange people. He was happy for me and told me not to keep him waiting in anticipation, that is if i do decide to call him.

"Go for coffee or something" he says. "It's the polite thing to do seeing that he had enough courage to even pass you the note". See, even my dad is encouraging me to date!

Damn and i thought i had my "BITCH" look on today, i guess not. But i didn't think the word SINGLE was so visibly inscribed on my forehead. But kudos to MonorailTim for having enough guts in approaching a stranger.

But WHAT IF he ends up being some psychotic stalker or thinks i'm some floozy and he's only up for a good time? What if he doesn't speak English and is slightly fucked up in the head? I guess, i'm jumping the gun aren't i?

Is this one of the Windows of Opportunities? But this whole new world is not something i am used to and it makes me uncomfortable. Worst part is, i don't even remember what he looks like but from what i gather is he's asian of some sort, chinese possibly mixed and is somewhat tall.

Oh gawd, the ball is in my court and i don't know what to do!

5 comments:

PSYCHOEDIC said...

yo babe...happy chinese new year...well, seems like this yr is going pretty well for u...hahhaa...it seems like watching those love movie...hehehe...good luck yo...at the same time, becareful k...u never know what may happens...cheers...

Anonymous said...

ZOMG GIRL you sooooooo have to call him. Seriously, how brave was he for doing something like that. The whole story made me giggle, it was like a movie Awwwwww

seriously call and just meet somewhere. the worst that could happen is he's not so cool.

definitely let someone know where you're going to be etc just in case.

but omg how cuuuuuuuuuute :D :D let me know when you go, I sooo want to hear this story.

winkris said...

goatboi: eheheh... happy new year to you too hun. Yea, i'll be careful... i'll bust out with my ninja moves if he tries anything... ehehhe.

Boo: I know rite! It's totally out of those hollywood movies. It's actually quite funny since i never thought this kind of shit really happens IRL... ahahha.

Well don't worry, i'll update ya if plans are made... OH MY FUCKING GAWD i'm so nervous even calling!

Ms. Redd said...

i think u should call him too...
maybe he's been secretly stalking you blog...
hahahha...

if so...
*waves* Hi Tim...! very gutsy of you...

:)

oh and of course...gonx xi fatt chaiiiiii

winkris said...

Ms.redd: Well if he is a blog stalker, i guess i won't have to worry about telling him about my past... eehheh.

But yea it was very gutsy of him eh. I can't help but wonder if his whole notepad is full of just his numbers and he simply dishes them out hoping ANYONE will call.

And yes, happy new year to you too babe =)