Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I SWEAR... IH8VDAY.



Let me begin by saying, i am not a hater, i just hate the game.

And for those browsing through sites/blogs today, you're bound to be confronted with topics ranging from painted hearts and faded kisses to sad tales of a loved one in mourning.

One could argue that i'm only bitter because a) i don't have that special someone to share my fantasies with or my personal life for that matter b) i won't receive ridiculously over priced flowers c) indulge in chocolates that i don't actually like that much d) get smothered with cute pet names that only my partner calls me e) my list continues...

In fact, some people will rant on about how Hallmark is to blame for this hype but that's a whole different ball game. In fact there has been an increase in Anti-VDay popularity [read it here]. So much so, that one can even purchase clothing that prove how much they deteste this very day [buy them here]. But then there are those who dedicate a portion of their time trying to explain their reasons for their hatred and what better way to title their site, L.I.E - Love Is Evil.

I admit, when i WAS in a relationship my partner did buy me flowers and i adored them even when they were wilting and on the brink of death. And when my roses were no longer boasting a crimson shade, i was responsible for hanging them upside down days after they were received. Reason being that i could extend their shelf life even if mold and cobwebs had got the better of them.

Perhaps i fell in love too early in life. I committed myself to a relationship that later i knew had no future. What can one say about 8 years? It was both an obsession and a craving. I craved for attention and the one person that i needed it most from didn't understand until it was too late.

Boy and Girl play in their fantasy world.
Boy breaks her heart. Girl wins boy back.
Boy falls in love with another. Boy breaks up with Girl.
Girl loses hope. End of story.

He was sad because i was unhappy. I was unhappy because i was sad. It was a lose - lose situation. But i loved him for the longest time and he knew it. Just as i knew when he stopped loving me. But for those of you who have been following, this is old news that's been recycled in all sorts of shapes and sizes.

I know i have regurgitated my past to the point of exhaustion. Yes i will shut up now. Like many, i occupied myself with issues/work just so i didn't have to deal with my problems.

Just like broken glass, i try to sweep it under the carpet along with everything else and pretend like nothing happened. But then again, isn't that the easy way out?

But instead of manifesting over issues this Wednesday, i'm going to spend my evening with some friends whilst Mamy Poko flashing Piscean entertains her mother and 3 fellow pisceans with her one syllable dribble.

3 comments:

YC said...

*pat*

I have no painted hearts nor faded kisses...neither do I have flowers from my Agro Man.

Vday is a bloody scam >_<

Love can't be justified with overpriced flowers and expired chocolate in just 1 day out of the 365.

I'm not a hater. I'm just too bright to be conned by heartless merchants.

*fwa fwa fwa*

winkris said...

I'll cheers to that!

Have a good break hun and enjoy the sand between your toes =)

Anonymous said...

But.. you re so hawt.