Tuesday, February 06, 2007

PROJECT Getaway - Stage 1: Restrain oneself

CONSIDER IT DONE - 06 FEB 2007
  • Change return flight so my boss doesn't kick my arse and never approves any future holidays.
  • Pay Penalty fee [RM200] for being so gung ho and buying a ticket before i got my leave approved.
  • Complete and hand over 2 deadlines.
Now all i have to do is save like a crazy mofo for the next month.

I paid 90% of my bills, February's rent and monthly payment for my computer over the weekend and just when i thought everything was sorted i remembered one important bill. I still have this months' credit card bill due in over a week. Suddenly the responsibilities of being an adult doesn't seem so fun after all.

My only solution is to dip into my other savings account that i've left standing stagnant because my ATM card expired. The bank is so damn far from where i live and yes, i am that damn lazy. And to be honest, there isn't all that much in that account to make a huge effort.

It's moments like these i wish i lived in a Monestary. I'm not sure how long i would last though as the vow of silence can't last too long and i don't think they would approve my habits. The thought of running around covered head to toe doesn't sit too well. But then again, there's something strangely perverse about the whole innoncent façade much like the school teacher or japanese school girl look.

But in all seriousness, i'm starting to feel a bit of a pinch in my funds. And although i could possibly still survive on alternating serves of pasta, instant noodles and fried egg sandwiches for dinner for the next month, the temptation to spend money in the newly open mall has got me itching to whip out my plastic.

BUT i am proud to say, that i had enough will power to stop myself from buying the RM160 red leather shoes at the new high end Vinci. So whilst my colleagues splurged on shoes and gets to flounce around the office, i on the other hand sit beside 2 bags of groceries.

And with V-day just around the corner, it makes me want to lash out and rip every obese looking cupid cut out i see and stab it repeatedly with its' arrow. I can't even remember what a V-day feels like... it's mushy and makes me ill. And as much as i emphasise how V-Day is just Hallmark's ploy to brainwash the masses, i received a white rose from some stranger that was giving them out and attached to it was a booklet promoting BSC plus a sample of L'Occitane eye balm.

GREAT! The only flower i get is from some stranger who would have remembered me for all of 5 seconds and should this free sample work, i'll have bagless eyes for all of a few minutes. And best of all, the only one to appreciate my panda ring-less eyes is my 6 months old kitten, who evidently has balls and who gets excited over plastic and painted toenails.

Lovely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh word! congrats to my furry nephew for the ball droppin'! I'm so proud :D

LOL

love you and have a good week