Friday, February 23, 2007

Fondled liver and eased back tension.


What better way to end a relatively short yet semi-stressfull week at work but to get a stranger to fondle your feet. I'm not talking about getting some random pervert with a foot fetish and wants to give a foot massage, i'm talking about Reflexology.

The last time i got Reflexology done, i was left with bruised soles and feeling like i had my ovaries indirectly whipped. It took about a week for me to recover and during which time i was practically slapping my feet on the ground with every step.

Anyway, it was just past 7.30pm and i had been so engrossed in my work that i didn't realise i was one of the last to leave. I'm guessing everyone is still in the CNY mood hence the deserted office. I, on the other hand was having issues all week with my back and shoulders, which of course didn't help in my mood department but i was too busy trying to get the 2nd direction approved to make a fuss.

But i'm glad that i pulled through cause not only did my boss and i practically nail the 2nd option but he's happy with the results, which is MORE IMPORTANT. So now all i have to do is apply the same technique to the other posters and start getting into the marketing brochure by Monday... *sigh*

And already being forewarned that the deadline is tight, once the brochure is sorted, i need to start thinking about the commercials. I'm actually going to be doing above-the-line work too on top of what i usually am used to. WoooOoooh... maybe this is my one opportunity to make it or break it? HA! Yea right. Never the less it's still nerve wrecking since it will go International and be featured in various publications... This is when i say, OH MY FUCKING GAWD!

But not only is this when my stress levels get put up a notch or two but sleepless nights are to follow. But the only thing keeping me from NOT flipping out or having another anxiety attack is i have to constantly remind myself that in 2 weeks i'll be jumping on a plane for my birthday Getaway!

But i decided that no amount of alcohol would help relieve the stress and built up tension. And keeping to my spontaneity i opted to save my liver from being drowned by liquor and treated myself to a Reflexology 45 minute session just down the road from my office. And although some areas were excruciatingly painful, specifically the area that reflects my shoulders, lungs and liver.

It was probably a smart move that i opted to stay indoors tonight and to be honest Friday's at home has never felt more relaxing.

No comments: