Thursday, February 01, 2007

Workin' backwards.

Apparently everywhere was flooded with people because today happens to be a public holiday. I'm assuming shopoholics are taking advantage of the newly opened Bangsar Village 2 and spending their hard earned cash.

But being the lazy arse that i am, i haven't gotten around to sorting out that security measure on my credit card. So i wasn't able to pay online for my bus ticket down to the little island off the peninsular. Thankfully i called to make a booking because the dates that i wanted to depart and return were going fast even though when i checked online, there were still seats available. So instead of getting my usual single seater near the back of the bus, i was only able to get an aisle seat way up front. I guess it's better than nothing.

I was only able to hold my booking for 2 days, so i had to make my way to the ticketing counter by today. I'm guessing my lack of sleep the night before meant that last night's rejuvenation stretched all the way till 5 in the afternoon. And remembering that the ticket booth actually shuts at 7pm, i was pressed for time.

After traveling on the train so i would beat the traffic, i rang to confirm whether my booking was still there. Doing a mini walk-a-thon just so i'd make it on time, i made it there shy of 5 minutes. Relieved that i wouldn't have to spend the upcoming holiday watching happy families spend time together, i trotted along to the supermarket before i headed home.

But going back to my Getaway holiday, having just paid for a non-refundable return ticket it's only dawned on me that i haven't sorted the other details yet. Important details such as approval for my leave, accommodation and enough disposable money... yes i do it the Pisces way of doin' it backwards. This will definitely be rated as one of my top Spur of the Moments kinda deals. Nevertheless, it's a much deserved break and a change of environment.

Originally i was planning on staying with my best mate but recently i found out he's currently jobless, i can't help but feel like a burden even though he doesn't mind me crashing at his place.

So slightly stressed after getting back home, i was happy to receive a surprise email from a mate of mine. Guess what? She was sweet enough to offer her red couch for me to stay. What great timing! And being a newly wed to my other mate aka LOSER, it'll make my trip down even better. So i'm totally excited now since it's been awhile since i've seen them and they've just moved to the CBD which makes life slightly easier.

I better head to bed soon cause tomorrow i've got another deadline due and i need to be in the office [sort of] early.

*Fingers still crossed and projecting positive vibes so that my boss gives me the green light to go*

No comments: