Thursday, February 15, 2007

A whole new world of communication


I spent my Wednesday evening being entertained by 3 friends and an 11 month old. And for the first time, i didn't actually make a child cry but then again i'm thinking it could be the excitement of my MaryPoppinsRed bag that distracted her.

And let me tell you it's been a long time since i've had such quality time with individuals whom i can have a conversation and good laugh with. Never mind that these are the very same people that i spend 5 days a week at work with.

It was a nice change to be around people who not only spoke a language that i could understand but were on the same wave length. And although i will not make a big deal about it when people run on tangents in dialects i can't comprehend, i was just saying it was nice not having to tune out for once.

I can't remember the last time i was surrounded by so many females that weren't the girlfriend or sister of a friend. Reason being that majority of the individuals i know and i consider mates just so happen to be male. Maybe that's why guys don't approach me... hmmm.

I mean i don't exactly have a crate full of applicants waiting on me hand and foot. In fact, none to tell you the truth. I'd like to think that there is someone out there for me, just like any hopeful would. The only difference is, the older i get, the more selective i am [which is a very good thing] and the older one gets the more independent one becomes.

And just like i make last minute decisions and squeeze in the random road trip now and again, i realised i am in NO RUSH to settle down. The freedom of being single is my passport to a world of exploration. And all that keeps me stationery is a work permit.

Oh and not to embarrass the sender but i received a SMS from a complete random [012.978.XXXX] and i couldn't help but laugh. It totally made my day...
Can i b your bf
I mean seriously, i know i'm lazy but your sentence is short enough to allow full spelling and punctuation. Plus it would help if i knew who the sender was that way i could put a face to the letters. I perfectly understand if Time is of Essence and the dating world is cruel but i do have a few boundaries and restrictions.

OH and while you're at it, you might as well add multiple answers to what bf could stand for. For example a) Big Feline b) Bald Ferret c) Bull Fighter d) None of the above.

No comments: