Tuesday, February 20, 2007

3 points of Laziness and a whole load of carbs.

I can’t say I did much this holiday except for indulge in some serious binge eating and attempt to overdose on vitamin C. I slept around midnight and didn’t wake up till it was lunch. Much like a sloth, my movements have been slowed down, perhaps to conserve energy for upcoming events… events I’m not quite sure of yet.

And when I am at home, unless something is urgent, my weekends are spent sleeping and lazing around. That is if I CAN sleep or with the trusty help of pharmaceuticals. Usually rotating between my bed, my laptop on my dining table and lying on the couch watching tv. I live an exciting life. If I were really lazy, I would combine the 3 so I wouldn’t have to get off my arse but I figured that would require some rearranging and a bit too extreme.

But not much changes when I come visit my folks. The only difference is the distance between each point is further and access to shopping malls requires more traveling. But seeing that it’s the New Year, majority of the shops are closed, following superstitions that it is better luck to reopen on the 3rd day, I’ve spent a huge portion of my holiday munching on tidbits and consuming more perishable items than usual.

Which can only mean one thing. Clothing that once were loose fitting are either snug or bursting at its seams. I found some clothes that I used to wear back in my uni days and figured 6 years isn’t that long ago. That was until I tried on my SATCH jeans and my legs looked more like sausages in very tight sleeves, definitely not a look I can pull off.

Perhaps I could blame the years of sitting behind a computer is the reason for my hips to slowly grow further apart hence extra inches. And the extra helpings of pasta added an extra layer of cushion to my rear. Or it could be the combination of my '3 points of laziness' routine that is responsible for my jeans never being able to see the light of day any time soon.

Seriously, I need to inject some form of exercise into my routine. And running up and down the steps at the office for a cigarette break ain't cuttin' it. Maybe i'm feeling slightly on the frumpy side of life and need a wardrobe or serious make over. Or maybe i just need to start getting fit, like most women, I don’t want to be single AND saggy by the time I’m 30.

Vanity can be so cruel at times.

But looking at the clock, I have to catch a bus back in less than 2 hours. I think I might try and sneak in a bit of shopping before I head home.

No comments: