Friday, February 09, 2007

Subconscious nocturnal one night stand on repeat.

For the past few days, i've had the most unrestful sleep. Maybe there was a collision of stars or my brain is overloaded. And even with the aid of Stilnox, all that does is initiate the sleep. But once my head hits the pillow, i enter a world packed with colour and emotion. Best described as somewhat realistic but with an absurd twist of fantasy.

And at times, my dreams are set in such a way that society would find inappropriate to anyone below legal age. In fact, i am certain i would be arrested for indecent exposure and attract an army of perverts and exhibitionists. But then again, blogs are just as bad.

There was a time when sleep meant it was a gateway for my mind to wander through the nocturnal world of erotica. And not like i am ashamed of it, hell, my mind swims in the gutter every other minute of my waking hours. So i can't blame my subconscious self for being influenced.

But last night i reenacted a one night stand. The only difference was it was my subconscious getting in on the action, or the lack of it as you will soon find out.

In my dream he was in a relationship but in real time, he was not. HELLO! I'm not a home wrecker! And as though a bolt of common sense had struck him, it was too late, he had in fact committed adultery. In my nocturnal madness the girlfriend had caught us in the act, seconds after the guilty party had realised what he had done. There was no passion, it was based on secrecy. I was his best kept secret.

There i was unable to run from a girlfriend who's mission was to run me over with her Cadillac. And then it dawned on me, why was i being punished when her partner was instantly forgiven? I called out her name and she stared at me with eyes filled with daggers [metaphorically of course] and he disappeared into the shadows.

I woke up and i was alone. I had banned Smooks from sleeping beside me due to his new found obsession of playing with my blinds beside my dressing table. Plus his demonic attacks would often occur just as i am about to sleep.

Everything was quiet and it was just past 5 in the morning. Had i only been asleep for an hour? And i remembered, we will always be unfinished business.

No comments: