Tuesday, February 27, 2007

K.I.S.S

KEEP
IT
SIMPLE
STUPID


A term i first heard from my writer some time ago after i spent hours stressing over a layout. Somehow with every movement of the cursor and every new shade i applied, it just was NOT working.

So for the past 2 days i've been trying to get my head around a format... a design... an ANYTHING... for phase 2 of PROJECT FamousType's marketing brochure. Browsing through what seemed like an endless number of design books with pretty pictures and structured grids and nothing seemed to rub off.

I temporarily lost my Creativity. And with the boss hovering around waiting to see SOMETHING, i could feel the pressure building.

Then EUREKA! With a few exchanged words and suggestions, we managed to finally get a direction that we both agreed on. Finally, my right side of the brain was back on track.

Stripping away the complexity and banking on the impact of the illustration, it seemed to fall into place. And you know what... it worked!

*Pat on the back*

Now that i'm at home, i can peel off my contact lens and take a breather. Then inhale my dinner like dust on a windy day before i get stuck back into work.

No comments: