Monday, February 12, 2007

Familiar grounds

Apart from getting completely wasted on Friday [not intentionally as i figured i might have accidently drank some OTHER persons drink by accident].

But Friday was packed with all sorts of adventures. Tried to jump into a cab but how odd that suddenly cab drivers got a dose of amnesia and didn't know my destination. NEVER MIND. I ventured out to my old office, jumped on the LRT just as the sun was out in full glory and at the same time roasting myself under the heat.

[If it weren't for the fact that i was desperate to get reimbursed for my PROJECT Getaway, i wouldn't have gone to that side of town... it was lunch time, Friday prayers and extremely hot].

Walking up the escalators i was greeted by an unfamiliar secretary. It made me feel like i had trampled on foreign ground. Then i saw my old colleagues having a smoke at the reception and for a moment, it felt like old times only difference was i wasn't hearing my name blared out on the intercom.

As i made my way through the office, stopping by several desks and giving out hugs freely, it dawned on me how much things had changed. Or could it be, that i had changed? Most likely. And perhaps the sun did its magic because apparently, i was beaming happiness [or it could be that i was in fact suffering from sun stroke].

I took in a deep breath and as i continued on towards my old department, memories came flooding in, both good and bad. I was confronted with a slice of life that i had once endured. And when asked how long it had been since i left, i didn't realise it had actually been 9 months since i was last in this office.



Yes, the very same office i spent, on average, 12-16 hour days working. The same chapter that pacified my lowest point in my life and pushed me to dance on the edge of sanity daily. I had in fact lost it.

But as i exited, i exhaled and looked straight ahead. Then i realised, i am one step ahead and i am in fact slowly moving on.

No comments: