Monday, February 05, 2007

He said YES but...

Monday started off with a Creative meeting with the big honcho. Which could only mean a) there's a problem b) some arse whoopin' would be done c) work update. So nobody got shouted at except there's some kind of internal civil war going on that i didn't know about. We walked into the conference room, the big boss was scribbling on the white board.

He was basically giving us a heads up on the HUGE wave of work load that'll be coming in and i mean MASSIVE. So far the list stands at 30, yes three zero! And with 8 designers currently working on jobs, it seems almost impossible that this record breaking attempt will be achieved without a few mental breakdowns. But should it get to the point of suicidal, he is willing to hire more designers to make our lives just a little bit less stressful.

So you can imagine how freaked out i was. My only thoughts were, SHIT... there goes my Getaway holiday! Might as well have ripped up some money because there's no way i'm going anywhere soon.

By the time the meeting was over, i didn't think it would be appropriate to remind my boss... AGAIN about my leave. But then he calls me into his office and i am quick to mention that i had no idea there'd be as much work coming in. He then mentions he will approve my leave but would prefer that i not take the 2 weeks off i had requested. Which i didn't want to argue with and said i'd check flight availabilities.

So instead of spending 3 weekends in my Happy Place, i am forced to spend 2 weekends. Which is better than nothing but still, it just means less time to unwind before i get thrown into a hurricane of deadlines and sleepless nights.

But seeing that i purchased my ticket during the MATF [which ends tomorrow], it means that i will have to pay a penalty fee of X amount and that is if there are any flights available during the promotional period. So i'm up bright and early tomorrow and making my way back to the ticketing office.

So my only choice is to leave Melbourne on a midnight flight on Monday or Tuesday and arrive back at KLIA around 6am. And my plan is to make my way home to drop off my suitcase and get my arse to the office [that is if i don't pass out somewhere along the line].

I will get lost in the crowd at Pharmacy and i will dance till its daylight, not once but twice. I can start my 27th year with a clean slate. I will catch up with my best friend whilst sipping my favorite coffee. I will chain smoke with my beautiful tramp over martinis. I will have lunches and drinks with past friends whom i have lost contact with. Basically i'm going all out on this trip and making the most of what i can.

It's been an intense and mind crippling 2 years and this is my gift to myself. So you know what, fuck it... 32 more sleeps to go! NOW that... is FUCKIN' RAWKIN!

No comments: