Monday, June 12, 2006

Where's the Pause button?

Eventually i passed out around 8am this morning and in a span of 3 and a half hours, i received random SMSes and 3 phone calls [so much for trying to sleep in].
One from one of the promoters, saying that he'll drop by to pick up the flyers... fine.

Two from my new office saying that they're trying to arrange my flight to Labuan so i can sort out my new work permit. But because my stamp in my passport is til the 14th, i have to exit the country first and then return with a tourist stamp... fine... which is what i wanted 2 weeks ago when i was in Singapore but the immigration in JB decides to only give me til the 14th [the last day of my old work permit]. Motherfuckers!

So after several minutes of talking to MissAdminLady we've come to the conclusion that MAYBE i can fly out from JB to Labuan on the 16th. Spend 2 nights in Singapore and just chill with my mom and then in the morning cross over the border into Malaysia. So i'm thinking, What a fucking good idea chris... i don't have to pay so much for a flight if i fly by Airasia. And i can actually try and do all this shit before Friday. So i've done some research...
Singapore Airlines [KL-SIN & SIN-KL]~ RM819
Malaysia Airlines [KL-SIN & SIN-KL] ~ RM796
Airasia
[KL-JB & JB-KL]~ RM261.98

Holy fuck, right? Only problem is the Airasia flight arrives in KL less than 2 hours before my connecting flight... woOooooh, not good not good. There was one time i flew Airasia and the fuckin' plane got delayed. I can't take that risk! I need my arse to make that connecting flight otherwise i'm S.C.R.E.W.E.D. At this point in time SIA is looking promising and i arrive in KL with sufficient time to fuck around in the airport for abit and then jump on my plane. No stress of missing the Last Call announcement and me running from one gate to another... I AM SO NOT FIT!

Minutes later a second call... "There's no direct flights from Johor to Labuan via Airasia" My thoughts... "Well fuck, now i gotta go to plan B". What the fuck is plan B? Tired and not quite functioning, i attempt to enter la la land. Then a few minutes after, i receive another SMS. So i'm thinking, Well fuck... now what? Does nobody want me to sleep!? This is what it reads...
Hey chris. The team is interested in meeting you. Can u come in for a chat? With your portfolio n shit! Tryng to be all serious and formal. Let me know when.
Holy crap... it's
from my mate/ex-colleague/potential client/my udder... ehehe. Which means i'm probably gonna get that freelance work for that rebranding of that CI that i was talking about earlier... ooOOoooer!

So i'm thinking, when the fuck am i going to see them... Wednesday i have to fly out and on Friday i'm in Labuan. I get back to KL on Saturday in the avo and then rush home, try and chill for a bit and haul arse to Ruums for Hardsequence! Talk about fucked up timing man!

So here's my to do list for TODAY and TOMORROW:

  • Book airline ticket
  • Contact Crowey to print out the CI that i did for a previous job
  • Buy Epson paper
  • Fix up folio/resume
  • Meet up with potential new client
  • Deliver flyers to promoters
  • Update HS presale list
  • Do some Hardsequence pimping
  • Pay off credit card bill
  • Get money
  • Find out when the fuck my MacBook is arriving
  • Freeze my Fitness First gym account
Oh gawd, i have a headache... again 4 hours sleep *grumble grumble bitch bitch whine whine*

No comments: