Thursday, August 10, 2006

Oh me lucky red balls!

I was greeted this morning by the grandfather of all geckos.

This 4 legged creature focused its' beady eyes on me and flexed its' semi-transparent gut as i tried to creep out of bed slowly. Seriously, the last thing i needed was to be sprinting around the room screaming and hoping that it doesn't start charging at me like a bull. OK, maybe not so drama as that but i'm telling you that fucker was HUGE!

I could even hear him run across the wall like a flat footed child on a sugar high... seriously! ahahahha... ok slight exaggeration but yea, it definitely made a bit of a loud shuffle from one end of the wall to the next.

Anyway, once showered, i stood in front of my cupboard sifting through numerous shades of black. And then i noticed that my "going-out" tops had been hanging in my cupboard for quite some time. And decided that a nice black top and a denim skirt would be my choice for the day.

Yes this tomboy-wanna-be-fem is actually making an effort in dressing up a LITTLE bit more.

And after lunch at Coffee Bean, my colleagues decided that we'd go 'browse' through some stores: which basically means, Chrissie is going to be exiting the store with SOMETHING. And true enough... i found this acrylic red necklace.

And like magic, it transformed my outfit from dinner wear > day wear. That LITTLE splash of colour just made it complete and encouraging my compulsive purchasing mood... i forked out some cash and proudly walked out of the store as though i just won a medal.

Yes... proof that the Bangsar chick in me is bursting with fruit flavor.
Ps. Like before, the rubber duckie is there for show and contrast purposes.

Then the funniest shit happened...

I was having a smoke waiting for my colleagues and my back was facing the roadside. Then these 2 guys walk past me and see me my reflection through the window display. One of them, slows down and tries to get my attention. I ignore them and continue smoking. And eventually turn to him to give him a half arsed smile that non-verbally means, "Yea great job you got my attention but no thanks now go away".

Then he busts out with... I just want to tell you that you have a Lucky forehead. It was as if, he was fixated that my aura was shining at that moment.

So i'm thinking, Dude, i'm warm, it's hot, i'm sweating and the only thing you're probably seeing is the sweat rolling OFF my forehead.

My response is, I'm sorry... i have a lucky WHAT?

And he repeats himself and assures me that he's not selling me anything. He just wanted to tell me that. He continues to tell me that although i have a lot of friends and people in my life right now, my heart is sad that i have no special someone in my life. [I mean seriously, do i have the word SINGLE written on my forehead and my karma oozes this for all to see?]

LUCKY ME.

He goes on to tell me that September is a good month for me and shows me his card... he's some astrologer or something. Then goes on to give me a free astrology/face reading right there and then. And says he knows the name of the special someone who will be in my life.

So i'm thinking, Great, this stranger is going to swindle me for my money, kidnap me and make up some random name that's popular in the phone book, so i can give him my money.
I interrupt him and say i have to go back to the office and thank him for the news and bid him farewell. His response is, that's why your heart is sad, because you spend so much time working. [True but if i don't work, how can i enjoy my life and treat myself with presents and things i want].

So yea, maybe these red balls has brought out the luck in me... hahahha... And you know they say that geckos are good luck...

I wonder what Friday holds for me?
Hmmm... who knows?

-----
MissSeniorPisces sends me some quotes:
Red is the ultimate cure for sadness
&
Style is primarily a matter of instinct
by Bill Blass

MissSeniorPisces ends her MSN message with:
"The red beads was a matter of instinct when u first picked it up and it gave you an 'up' to your style"

3 comments:

Ms. Redd said...

yeahh....Redd color is always good yo!
heeee
;p

Anonymous said...

I just want to say it's cos you have a lovely, big forehead LMFAO

Waah so rucky your forehead LAH! lolol

zomg kidding

wuvs you!!!

winkris said...

ms.redd: how did i know you were gonna say that... =p

boobers: well at least i HAVE a forehead... and now i have a "frin-dge"... ahhaha... bitch... eheheh!