Sunday, August 20, 2006

It's all over red rover.

Last night was Hardsequence's ONE year anniversary and what a night it was. The days leading up to the big day was non-stop bookings for presales and packages. Along with the 101 similar questions such as;
  • How much does it cost? Presales are RM25 BUT you must be there BEFORE 11.30pm.
  • Where do i pick up the tickets? Just come to Ruums and we'll have our counter there, just say you're on either Eddy or Christina's presale list and we'll look you up.
  • If 18, can go in ah? Nope sorry. It's 19 years and above.
  • What is the package? The Anniversary package consist of a T-shirt + Free Anniversary CD + Entry into Ruums + 1 drink coupon.
  • Are you Ruums Club? No. I'm the Hardsequence Head promoter.
Which is totally fine but having to repeat yourself over and over and over gets a BIT tiring.

For instance, i've received numerous calls asking whether there's any job openings for the club. Even one woman trying to have a conversation with me in Mandarin and me continuously having to repeat, I... SPEAK... ENGLISH ONLY and making hand gestures hoping that it may help [even though she can't see my hands and for eavesdroppers i end up sounding like a parrot that speaks broken English].

Eventually, i manage to get the message across that i am JUST a Hardsequence promoter and not attached to the club. But fumble through my bag to find a HS flyer with the club's number on it and pass it to them.

But that's not all, also receiving messages at 4 o'clock in the morning asking for presales or asking questions [possibly during their intoxicated night out and only just remembering that they need to book presales]. Sersiously, sometimes i think people don't know that i actually have a day job and that i'm not working at Ruums.

Well, the anniversary was nothing short but spectacular! We opened at 9pm and it got pretty crazy at one point because there were a lot of bookings for the T-shirts. Unfortunately due to the high demand, there wasn't enough sizes and limited colours available. So it was a tad stressful as my brain wasn't in working order and trying to stay patient whilst they decide which colour is best.

My attempt at pulling a happy face apparently didn't work. Since everyone i spoke to or saw me noticed that i wasn't my 'normal' self and looked stressed. Weeks of excitement leading to our anniversary and when the day finally arrives, and i was feeling like utter shit! At one point during the day, i even considered not going... believe it or not but it did enter my mind. But my responsibilities for being at the counter takes priority, so i mentally psyched myself up so i could think positive.

Chrissie + Miss Sandy
~Courtesy of Sandycute

By the time we closed the counter and packed up. I made my way inside just in time for the birthday song. And as i stood there with my beer, i looked up at the projected visuals and Didjital had put together pictures from our first Hardsequence event at Cream. And i saw the boys up there cheering and revving up the crowd and i felt so proud... there was a moment that i did get a bit emotional but i didn't cry.

Happy Birthday...

It's like that...
~courtesy of Wendy

It's still like that...
~courtesy of Wendy

Miss laineylashes + missy chrissie
~courtesy of Wendy

me + wendy + amanda + didi =p
~courtesy of Wendy

THANK YOU!
~Courtesy of Wendy + Sandycute

The club was decked up with two massive lit stars, like those found at raves in Melbourne. There were lights, balloons and confetti for the birthday song. It was truly a great set up and much thanks to Chook's contacts and a group effort to get the night running smoothly.

And after 12 months we're still going strong and growing! We have a great group of people working together. Each with their own responsibilities in order to get each Hardsequence night a success. And over the past year plus, i have dedicated most of my free time and energy towards HS. Why? Because i love it and i love seeing punters on the dance floor absolutely having a sic time. Maybe i use it as an excuse so i don't have to focus on my own problems *shrugs*

In a way, it's like a selfish way of trying to absorb THEIR positivity in order to lessen my negativity. And at the club i am not forced to speak with anyone and i can just lose myself with the music. It's like it's just me and the DJ... and in HS' case, it's like me spending the evening with my best friends.

Pimpin for my boys: Team Bass Agents
~Courtesy of Sandycute

Team DarkRaverz
~Courtesy of Sandycute

But my night was thrown into a fucked up state because i had THOUGHT that money had gone missing from my bag [which was up on the console] because my zipper was open. So there was no after party for me and i was fuming over it to the point where any built up frustrations just multiplied instantly.

I went to bed angry and passed out after typing an angry post [but decided not publish it]. I woke up still in a fucked up mood and decided that i'd go to the pool. So with fucked up hair and smudged eyeliner still on, i put on my sunnies and bikini and trotted along.

Then later ordered a large Domino's thin crust vegetarian pizza with no onions + extra mushrooms... AND ATE IT ALL in one go. Fat food is sooOooo good when you're feeling a little under the weather. And being the slob that i am, i'm still in my swimwear lounging around because i can't be fucked to change.

I had forgotten what it was like to wake up sober on a Sunday.

2 comments:

xes said...

so did you managed to recover the dosh??

winkris said...

Well i think sometime during the maddness of the night when we were doing the presales/packages, i added it all together cause i needed change.

BUT from my knowledge... nothing was taken... ALTHOUGH, my zipper was open... hmmm.

OH WELL... it's all good. Nobody died.