Monday, August 21, 2006

Me LIKES Veer

AuntieAnBloodyMum showed me this site... that has the coolest merch for sale. The stereotype that those in the creative line LOVE to wear black [i know i do *blushes*] will find this amusing [i know i did]. And those who were drilled as a student to learn the following terms when talking about Typography will appreciate the following...




And this is dedicated to those who appreciate typography. AND yes those default fonts found on your PC such as Arial, Times New Roman and Helvetica are damn right YUCK!




And this zipped jacket perfectly explains what kerning is. [Yes it is VERY IMPORTANT when laying out copy and creating type based logos]. Basically it's like 'AntFucking' a term i learned from my university lecturer, it's attention to detail and so miniscule but it makes a world of difference... TRUST ME! Yes call me a perfectionist but i can spend hours antfucking my typography til my face turns blue... it's DAMN ANNOYING!




And my ultimate favorite is...


"It’s word association. You say “I’m a designer,” and they hear “I draw pictures all day.” It would take too long to explain what you really do, so take the words right out of their mouth and wear them proudly. As rumors go, this one isn’t half bad. Perfect in army green, for soldiering through misperceptions."
[Despite the fact that i don't know even know WHERE my pencil is and my sketches only make sense to me... ahahah...]. *I wonder if they have this T in black?*

Only problem is they DON'T ship them out outside North America. So sad... boohoo. I WANT!

2 comments:

Duke said...

My brother lives in San Diego and can get whatever you desire buddy..

winkris said...

Buddy... OMFG are you serious!? OoooOooooer that is excellent news... fuckin' champion!

*goes and studies the site again* I'll get back to ya! *here's hoping that customs don't rummage through it and do the 5-finger discount thing on ME!*