Thursday, August 17, 2006

Peep Toe Sling Backs

Yesterday during lunch i bought these killer stilettos from my friend's store, Goss:ps [Gossips] located in Bangsar, just before La Bodega on Telawi 2. For some odd reason, i've been on this spending spree and in need to purchase random items. Yes believe it or not, this lil tomboy/girl is busting out all feminine like and is a proud owner of footwear that should really belong in a psychotic S&M thriller [mind you i have no idea where that came from].


ssssSSSSsssssssaucey!
Presented by Rubber Duckie

But these beautiful peep toe sling backs [as MissSeniorPisces and i have now named and are BOTH proud owners of the exact same shoe] can only be described as "come-fuck-me-shoes"! They're simply black with yellow stitching... they remind me of venomous snakes.

Then after work i trotted along to Ruums [as i thought i'd attend a production meeting for the upcoming Hardsequence Anniversary] but ended up eavesdropping and drinking beer instead whilst the BigBoss chatted away with MaBoss.

Then Chook and Rodent had the bright idea of going to Mambo. Yes Mambo at Velvet. It had been ages since i stepped foot in that place and although at one point Zouk was like my second home. A place where i fed my intoxicated self on a regular just-about daily basis. Where a good lump sum of my salary went to alcohol.

And although the place hadn't changed, the club was filled with unfamiliar faces. The usual group of people loitered around in the VIP lounge area and fed each other mass amounts of whiskey. I see Velvet as a place where the "pretty people" go. Where the pretentious and pompous [although i am stereotyping and i do know a number of people there that are actually quite nice] hang around in their yuppy styled world.

A place where one would often find male specimens dressed in Zara shirts and styled hair. Proudly buying bottles of Chivas or Black Label whilst intoxicated chicks hover around leaching off their whiskey + coke. It's as though, the more people they can have around a table the size of an oversized hubcap the better. Introductions and small talk are exchanged depending on the level of intoxication.

Then there was me.

Not quite drunk and not really sober either. I haven't felt so out of place in such a long time. Although my killer shoes were feeling ever so sexy. I, on the other hand never felt so ugly. But as much as i deteste Velvet with a passion, i decided to stay on and drink my whiskey + water and make small talk with randoms.

There stands my best friend who obviously cares so much for her and vice versa. Yet both are afraid to hurt each other and continue to inject the "we are just friends" sentence when people ask them what's going on. [Although, it's nobody's business but their own]. Peoples' curiosity always gets the better of them. But you know, as much as they both deny what they have going on. SOMETHING is going on.

I later watched Chook and Rodent interact, and it only reminded me how much i missed having someone in my life. Like salt to a fresh wound, my heart ached and i started to hate being me again. And oddly, i felt like a third wheel, which is probably one of the reasons why i stopped going out. Although, i'm very sure they will say that nothing has changed but you know what, it has. I've changed.

But then there's two more happy people in this world.

And like a fairy godmother who has come into ones' life to do what she is meant to do and later magically disappears. I fly away temporarily, in desperation to find my own happiness and to runaway from my extreme loneliness that follows me like my dark shadow.

2 comments:

Ms. Redd said...

rubber duckie in peep toe sling backs
cute!! :D
those heels...are killer though, suddenly i'm reminded of the show Single White Female
eek!

winkris said...

Yea! Rubber Duckie likes to vary his wardrobe, last week it was accessories and this week was shoes.

With regards to my killer shoes... they're hot eh? It's my alter ego trying to bust out... myself attempting to be someone else. oooOOoooer.