Wednesday, August 02, 2006

*click*

I spent most of last night trying to post something and half way through, i decided to have a lie down. UH-OH! Which usually means that i'll pass out.

And i was right. I did. Lights on, tv blasting some random program and balcony door wide open. By 4am-ish, i woke up to find myself STILL on my bed with ALL the lights on, tv blasting some random program and my bedroom door open releasing my cool air to air-condition half the neighborhood.

I couldn't be fucked to even roll over to switch off the light, so i just hid under my doona and wasted more electricity... then woke up finally because i had the urge to eat some Dorito's... ehehe.

Anyway, i had a shoot this morning.

Thank god it wasn't at the crack of dawn... i HATE early morning shoots. I don't have solid sleep but still, i hate having to wake up when it's still dark. But then again, more than half of the working population has to do that. I for one am still able to sleep in and hit my snooze button at 8am > 8.20am > 8.40am > 8.50am > 9am and finally 9.15am. Usually getting my arse to work within half an hour.

I peeled myself out of bed and made my way to work. No it wasn't some fancy shoot with drop dead gorgeous models and beautifully styled clothing. This morning i was THE photographer and yes i was THE stylist. Hey man, i'm like an All-in-One package! Three for the price of one... but only this time round.

So there i was, literally talking to the cut chilli and various food products to give me a good shot. No i'm not going mad! Seriously, it helps... ahahahha. The client supplied all the items but i wasn't happy but had to make do. Sigh... they're only printing 5 posters, so their budget isn't very big.

The designated area to shoot had poor lighting, so i requested for some daylight. Was using a Cyber-shot Super Steady Shot 5.1 mega pixel camera and despite my shakey hands, i was impressed with its ability to focus at such close range. [Which reminds me, i SO NEED to buy myself a new digicam!

Figured i'd make an effort and not wear my 3/4 to see the client. First time meeting the client and i'm sure she won't be too impressed with my visible body art. Screw it... i'm Creative, i can do what i want... ehehe. I wore a black skirt and black baby-T and... my slippers... ehehhe. Gawd, i'm sucha bum... ahahha. And there i was scooting down trying to get the best angle and showing my arse to the non-smoking side of the restaurant... how classy!

But i wasn't worried about that, the only thing i'm worried about is whether the pictures came out alright. I mean, the client apologised but at the end of the day... it's my job as the designer/photographer/stylist to beautify it. I mean even viewing my captured image through the 2.5 inch LCD screen may look alrite but once blown up... it may just end up looking like shit.... *THINK POSITIVE*

I guess that's when Photoshop comes in handy and when one has to use the Art of Bullshitting to make it work *fingers crossed*


No comments: