Friday, August 25, 2006

Motivation in Progress.

Seriously, i'm like one of those bag ladies.

And i don't mean those chicks that collect branded hand bags as though it's a stamp collection. Or have disposable income spewing out of their arses like a faulty faucet [ok, not a pretty visual but you know what i mean]. I'm talking about those homeless hobos that scrummage the streets and pick up random items, with the intention of using it but often forgets and it just collects dust amongst all the other useless items. AND NO, i'm not homeless... i do have a roof over my head.

It's taken me over 3 months to clear away bags [filled with my past work] which lined the wall as i enter my apartment. Perhaps it's my lack of motivation and it seems almost unnecessary for me to tidy. The fact that the only person looking at my crap on a daily basis is, me. Yes, how sad... boo fuckin' hoo.

So until i get hold of a new DVD player, t.v, Astro and my iPod will be my company for the weekend. And i will attempt to spring clean the rest of my place. Perfect time to clear away the clutter before this SHORT LIVED MOTIVATION desire goes on holiday... again!

But i'm proud to say, that i've spent the past 3 hours tidying up and doing the one thing, i dislike doing... disgarding items that i don't need. Hey... you never know when you'll need those random past receipts [from 2003-5] or A4 sheets with scribbles on it.

And after 3 months, of staring at a standing light that i never bothered to switch on. I did some rearranging and found out it has a dimmer... [yes, little things in life excite me]. Perfect, as i prefer my surroundings to be softly lit, NOT TOO dim otherwise i'll fall asleep... TRUST ME! So the idea of a romantic candle lit dinner is a complete NO-NO as i can't concentrate under "schleepy lights"... ahahha... yea, it's a bit strange, I KNOW.

Surprisingly, i sit at home on a Friday evening, which ordinarily at this time i'd be racing into the shower and searching for some outfit, but i have no urge to go clubbing. I am totally comfortable being confined at home rather than be in room full of strangers who are wasted and who look like they have something to prove.

And at this point in time, i'd rather not be in the presence of others, for the fear that i may ruin their evening. And will just frustrate me further. So i'm doing everyone a favor.

So after burning a sandlewood incense cone, the air that i breathe is now stained with a subtle hint of relaxation and nicotine. But the only thing missing is a glass of nice wine. Although, i do have a choice between Carlsberg, Bombay Sapphire, Johnnie Black + Red, Malibu, Kahluha or Bacardi Limon... oh and orange + grapefruit juice.

Hmmmm... decisions, decisions.



No comments: