Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Better Late than Never.

Had dinner with the familia last night who happened to be in town for the night before they headed off to the strawberry hills this morning. They wanted to drop off a few of my things at my place, so they gave me a lift home after. [I'm starting to think they're more than happy to get rid of my junk from their apartment, as each time i see them, i return back to my place with MORE of my crap]. It just means more stuff to add to my clutter and less breathing space.

But they were eager to meet the much talked about kitten. And as people friendly as he is, he dazzled them with his ability to fetch a rolled up plastic bag and bring it back without a fight. A great party trick and definitely worthy of attention should the Freak Show come to town. As long as i keep him entertained and let him sprint around the apartment to release any built up energy, it's all good.

I was so happy to buy him a toy when i was away, that i think i left my brain outside because upon returning home and reading the copy at the back, it states the toy is most suitable for senior cats: those who are slow to react and don't have quick reflexes... TOTALLY NOT SMOOKS. Oh well, worse case scenario i'll use it as a colourful paper weight.

Anyway, ended up cruising online for a bit once they left and it was probably around 3 when i decided to bring my cat into my room to sleep. The combination of the chilled air, my doona and minimal sleep, i passed out... again. Leaving all the lights, t.v, fan and what not on. Why? Because wasting electricity is what i do best!

Woke up and it was time to get up for work anyway. AnBloodyMumNoMore was running late, so she rang to say whether i wanted a lift to work. And for the first time i was early and she didn't have to wait for me. And figured i'd visit the Management Office to sort out my water bill. The bill that i often forget to pay because a] it somehow mysteriously disappears in my piles of junk i have lying around b] i miss the office operating hours by the time i get home c] am forgetful.

So when i get home today, i will make an effort to sift through Paid and Unpaid bills then organise them in a file for easy reference. It saves me from having to pick them off the ground each time Smooks jumps on them hoping it'll project him farther. Although i'm not sure how long the whole Miss Organisation schpeal will last... it's better than nothing.

But that's the least of my worries as i am STILL trying to figure out what to buy for my brother in-law. Apparently he's quite picky when it comes to personal items. It doesn't help that i barely know him to get him something useful or something that will reflect his taste. Seriously, what should i buy my German in-law who works as an IT guy and could probably live off charsiew paus for months on end? NO SERIOUSLY! Christmas 2006 pressie hunt is starting to do my head in!

2 comments:

calvism said...

what about a wireless mouse? err, scratch that idea. anyways, merry x'mas chrissie!

winkris said...

Hmmmm... that is a possibility... *thinks*

THANKS... Merry Christmas to you too =)