Saturday, December 09, 2006

Lost a Stone but Gained a Lumix

So after an arse numbing, 6 hour bus ride, I finally made it over the border. To then be greeted by my dad who had been patiently waiting for my arrival for 2 hours. Eager to get to my folks place since I was sure that my mom was staying up to welcome me back.

Boobers and her hubby had fallen asleep by then, so the folks and I spent some time chatting whilst I sipped on a cold beer and my dad knocked back a whiskey + water. It was approaching 3am when my mom decided to call it a night. I wasn’t tired yet so continued on smoking whilst reading the latest tragedies. Which was around the time that my sister woke up and struggled to focus with her dry contact lens.

After a short catch-up, I decided to make my way to bed. Sleeping on a mattress that my mom had set up in her room but in the far corner. Made up of a new comforter and extremely high pillows. Trying to ignore the shallow snores, I eventually fell asleep.

Only a few hours later to be woken up since my sister and her German hubby were going to the nearby mall to do a few errands and i had asked to go along. It so happened that everyone else chose to go shopping today too. Trying to avoid oncoming children and huddles of people was nearly impossible. With the dancing elves in bright red tights and a Santa with an extremely bloated head singing at their hearts’ content, the noise level escalated by a few notches.

So whilst majority of Singaporean youngsters and ZoukOut followers prepared to move and chat up strangers in rhythm to the sounds of progressive beats. We, on the other hand, were on the other side of the island having a perve on digital cameras and prices. My brother in-law is a bit of a tech-freak, so he was able to throw a few pointers and suggestions when I told him what I was after.

Ended up that he showed me Panasonic Lumix and as fickle as a mind can be, my love for the Sony disintegrated the second I fondled its' competitor. After chatting with the helpful sales girl, I was informed of their latest deal that included a 1GB, tripod, USB Card Reader, camera case, camera bag plus 2 cordless telephones. I didn’t hesitate to scribble down the model number and details and thanked her for her help.

We later came home and i spoke about my fantastic find. Which was about the time i hinted that Christmas is in fact JUST around the corner... and guess what! My parents said they’d buy it for me for Christmas and that's not all! My dad went back to the mall with me just an hour after I got back. So NOW I am a very happy proud owner of a sexxxy, black Lumix FX01. LOVE IT!

Which works out perfectly, as tomorrow is my sisters' wedding dinner and i'm in charge of taking photographs during the night. Let it be known there will be a return of Miss Paparazzi much sooner than you all thought!

But BUT… you won’t believe what else happened! After I had a play with my new toy and we were all about to tuck in for dinner, I noticed that the fucking Labradorite gemstone that I had bought earlier this week had mysteriously fallen out of my ring! I wondered how long had i been wearing my white gold, silver ring MINUS a stone... it was there this morning but how ghetto is that!?

Went slightly ape shit since it hasn’t even been a week since I bought the ring. Had barely worn it and hoped that it would bring me luck. WHAT FUCKING LUCK IS THAT!? Worst part is, I haven't even paid for it since it’s on next months’ credit card bill.

Damn it! I am so going back to the store and demand an answer and at least some compensation... bad workmanship indeed! Perhaps the loss of a gemstone was a result of gaining a camera. Hmmm. Well whatever it is, i'm slightly irritated that my supposedly rare-to-find stone is lying on the wet ground probably shattered into dozens of pieces.

4 comments:

Ms. Redd said...

well...err....the lumix takes super clear videos!! i've seen the results...hope that is a slight comfort as compared to the stupid missin stone

have a happy weekend with the Blood

winkris said...

Yea i've been told it's an excellent camera and the reviews are pretty damn good. It just totally sucks cause now i don't have a ring on that finger and it feels slightly naked with an obvious tan line to show what USED to be there.

Oh well c'est la vie... but it still fuckin' sucks hardcore.

And thanks... time with the Bloods should be interesting.

Anonymous said...

hey lumix owner, congrats! I figured your papa would get it for you a cam cam. He was so suckered on the night he called and you gave him the option to split the cost.. wonders aint it..the art of compromise.. as for the stone.. its time to kick the arse.. we'll go in full force when u get back... il be back up.. maybe you can get some new stone and il get some fresh water pearls..hahahahah

Anonymous said...

mate, i agree with everyone else. the hell with the stone.

in fact, when you come back lets all go and get us a stone and wish for a new mobile phone, new car, new house, new whatever. and then somehow we have to figure out how to 'conveniently' lose the damn thing.

if this thing works we'll be rich i tell ya...ROTFLMAO.