Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Wrapping up 2006.

I've got the rest of the week to finish off my deadlines or at least get them up to scratch. So far so good since my client for the EfingProject has decided to fly home to the land of windmills and tulips hence i do not have my edited copy.

My Christmas present hunt was put on hold since i was away for the weekend. Plus the idea of being swarmed by last minute shoppers on a Sunday doesn't exactly spell FUN. So i've restricted myself to one area near the office and the on-going bazaar should have a few interesting items. Anyway, i think they've got a substantial amount of my money in their Christmas 2006 sales book. Worst case scenario, the airport has duty free.

Then i'm on a week and a half long break because the company is closed from Christmas til after New Year. And due to some public holiday landing on one of those days, it's being replaced and we only have to come back to work on the 3rd of January. Best part is, i don't have to apply for leave during that period AND i get to bring forward my 3 days of leave into 2007.

But for some reason, it doesn't quite feel like Christmas. The malnourished Indian Santa with a pillow for a beer belly doesn't quite kick it in the tropics. In fact, it doesn't even feel like it's the end of the year. Knowing that i've waited for 17 years for the upcoming year makes me wonder whether the wait was worth it.

I won't start making resolutions because i know i'll end up forgetting about them. Instead, i'll continue to try and mend myself and if that fails, well at least i tried.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know where there is a vacancy... dvd seller's girlfren.. and then you can be trapped together gether in a raid.. whoooo OOOOOOOO

Anonymous said...

damn it wrong entry.. it for the job street entry... dang!

winkris said...

FINE... who's gonna do the panels for SME? Hmmmmmmmmm... NO 100% FOR YOU! NA!

ahhahah.

Anonymous said...

lol@100%.. what? you're gonna sabotage my dvd's to dvd 5?hmmm... never mind i can talk to my dvd lurver called 'sky'.

what's your dvd name? Ah nOOOdulls..