Thursday, December 28, 2006

Gobble, Gobble...




I actually went a few days without having a dose of blogging and eaves dropping. I can't really recall what i've spent most of my time on but it's divided between sleeping and stuffing my already full stomach with home cooked food and the random cake or pineapple tart.

There was a mad rush to look for last minute presents on Christmas eve. Apparently, i was not the only one searching for gifts since the roads were busy and the queues were as long as ever. It continued to drizzle throughout the day but that didn't prevent the shoppers from making the most of the sales.

This year's celebration was celebrated with my close relatives. A rare scene since it's been awhile since our whole family has spent Christmas together. Not so much of a meat eater, my Christmas dinner was made special. Instead of indulging in the much praised about turkey and ham, i was served a healthy portion of seafood pasta.

A toast was made by my dad whilst we all sat around eager to tuck in. Wishes for good health and a special shout out to the newly weds [my sister and her German hubby]. Then the toast was directed towards me. And ending it without having to use words, suggested that this time next year it would be MY TURN to bring home... *silence* a boyfriend... a partner...

YEA RIGHT! I DON'T FUCKIN' THINK SO!

[Yes, i sometimes believe, the world is out to get me. So sue me! Even deserving all the negativity that gets thrown my way. The pessimism bug bites me in the arse every blue moon].


I lowered my head as i simultaneously stabbed the succulent prawn which lay on a death bed of spaghetti. Not at all embarrassed but more irritated at the reminder. It is clear that i've outgrown the naive 21 year old status and definitely have grown to be more cynical.

I promote for a genre in a country that excites kids that have just become legal. I dress as though i still go to high school and any chance i get to not wear shoes, i'll be the first to run around bare foot [ask my friends or colleagues, often i'll be running around without my shoes].

But I've heard a lot can be said about a person's shoes. So does that mean my attachment to my GAP slippers reflect my laid back attitude and that i tend to mold to my surroundings? Choosing comfort over looks. Or it could mean, i can't be arsed with change and that i'd rather stick with what i know best rather than be adventurous.

No wonder i'm still single. Ahhh life is grande.


No comments: