Friday, December 08, 2006

Leaving my clutter behind... only for a moment.

So i finally passed out around 5am and managed to sneak in a solid 3 hours of shuteye. Although compressed, the full sleep cycle has left me feeling fresh as a daisy! Mind you, it's still morning and i am surviving on a sugar high.

I made sure i packed the necessities before heading to bed and more importantly shoving my passport in an allocated space in my bag. More than often, remembering last minute items just as i'm about to exit for a] a road trip b] a holiday getaway c] a change of area/country code.

This last minute surge sends me running around like a headless chicken hunting for the missing item/s. Which then usually gets me grabbing "just in case items" and stuffing them in any available space. And going by past experiences, 90% of the time they end up at the bottom of my bag never seeing the light of day until i return home.

I am sure many women will agree with me when i say, "you can never have enough" especially when it comes to packing. A common problem i face is the Inability and Difficulty to Eliminate. Often i'll pack for a week when in reality i'll only be gone for 3 days [i have bad decision making skills].

Fortunately for me, majority of my wardrobe consists of several percentages of black. And it all depends on what tickles my fancy the moment that i'm packing but more specifically what isn't in the laundry.

I admit i live in a fully utilized space and to an outsider the best description would be CLUTTER VILLE. Call it my ocean of Disorder & Chaos but in my mind there is a definite System & Organization. Problem is i am the only holder and gatekeeper of the intricate map.

Yes, i am a pack rat at heart. Maybe i should be concerned because at the rate that i'm going, i will end up a single, old hag with some sort of Separation Anxiety Disorder to add to my medical history. And then topping it off by renting a mansion just to house all my belongings. Perhaps i should consider joining CLA: Clutterers Anonymous.

1 comment:

Curio said...

Hey! weird as it is, we r both down south now! haha..well i pack the same way u do, been doing so since forever, and as usual, ive been wearing like only 2% of what i brought over. lessons never learnt!