Thursday, December 07, 2006

SORE MUSCLES - SLEEP = UNCOMFORTABLE

My shoulders and neck have been absolutely drilling me all day. A crochet of knots that begin at my shoulder blades right up along my neck. A common discomfort that i have learned to ignore. Probably due to me slouching at my desk and carrying bags much too heavy for my size.

By the end of the day, i acknowledged the pretzel sized knots with irritation. So much so, i actually said "No thanks" to free booze at a Christmas Party just up the road. "CHRISSIE SAID NO TO ALCOHOL" *shock* Tired and couldn't be arsed to look for a masseuse, i ended up coming straight home.

Surrounded by clutter and odd items that belong elsewhere except for where it is currently found. And beside it a box of Salonpas pain relieving patches. In no time i apply 2 camphor smelling patches on the affected areas. Patiently i wait for the product to do its magic and i can't help but think that i'm starting to smell like a human sized Wrigley's Spearmint chewie.

Then i was thinking about marketing strategies. Often products will have attached a FREE sample sized pharmaceutical item. But imagine this, wouldn't it be perfect if a small Japanese masseuse came part in parcel with the pain relieve patches? Never mind that Immigration and Human Rights would step in. And forget about how costly it would be to the client. Mmmmmmassage.

Don't mind me, the thought of having pressure applied to my back sounds like bliss! Unfortunately Smooks only weighs 1.7kg and i'm better off chucking my half filled suitcase on my back. Alternatively, i could borrow my neighbors' kids and i'm sure they would be happy to stomp on my back!



FACT: Sleep deprivation does in fact effect ones' ability to think straight.

2 comments:

Curio said...

i second ur fact, sleep deprivation = crap everything.
i would once in a shitlong while go for a shiatsu or traditional massage the kind where u lie on ur front and theres a hole on the bed in front of u to stick ur face into then the masseuse (a guy, no less!) applies some oil on his gnarled knuckles n proceeds to grind the shit outta ur back at which point u muster all ur energy not to instinctively turn around n sock him right there n then coz it hurts so bad.
u pay someone to inflict pain on u. twisted world.

winkris said...

Yea true true but it's that feel good pain that makes it all worth while.

Even if i get a massage and end up black & blue i'd be content. Forget all that wimpy soothing massage... i want them to knead the living shit out of it!