Wednesday, December 20, 2006

'tis the season to be spending!

I've managed to get all my colleagues a christmas gift. Obviously spending more for those that i am closer to and handing the rest Hershey's chocolate mint candy canes.

Yes i even got a bit creative and used the raffia paper string to create a bow. Never mind that it'll end up in the bin or that they look like they're undressing themselves, it's the thought that counts. I don't even want to start calculating how much i've spent for this season. I swear, it's as though my money is water... it runs freely! RM100 here another RM50 there, it's all numbers at the end of the day [so i tell myself].

And whether or not people celebrate Christmas, that's not the point. It's the Act of Giving that matters and watching them shred through your wrapping within seconds after you spent ages making sure the corners were neatly tucked. I guess it's like every religious holiday that passes, it seems like everyone gets in on the celebrations.

It's the season to be attending open houses, drunken office parties that usually consist of an obscene amount of flirting and canoodling. But this year will be relatively tame. Perhaps because in my office majority of the guys are gay or are happily married. That's not to say i participated in such activities but they're always good fun... ehehe.

Anyway, so far this year i received 2 ashtrays from my colleagues. I'm not sure what they're implying. Hopefully not some hidden message that they wish for me to die or perhaps i should be more considerate of the environment and dispose of my cancer sticks elsewhere.


Well whatever it is, they're useful and it is obvious they pay attention to my bad habits. Apparently if i turn the black ashtray upside down it works as a tripod [oh so sleek with my black Lumix] or even better, it can be used as a hand held massager minus the burning cigarettes [although some heavy duty kneading is required to remove the kinks in my shoulders].

Oh well, i'm gonna head home. I've got a tonne of dirty laundry to sort out and i must start on Part 2: Wrapping The Familia's pressies. Not forgetting my kitten who needs my company so he can play fetch. I'm sure he's waiting by the door in anticipation for his daily dose of Toe nibbling [not only does my kitten think he's a dog but he's developing some kind of foot fetish].


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

smooks look so cute rummaging thru your dirt! Isnt he scared of getting anthrax or something? heehehehheeh

ps. i love me gifts, the earrings rock..merci beaucoup poo poo

winkris said...

BITCH =p Who's the one that's convinced she has shingles!?

Anonymous said...

but im itchinnnnnnnnnng.. and i have low immune system and i was near someone who has shingles... but the only thing is..im not 50 years old..so hmmmm.... but stilllllll...somethings up...could i be allergic to work?

winkris said...

You're itching because you have nits and you're dirrrty! ahahhaha!

Anonymous said...

no im clean ...i use protex soap..

winkris said...

Yes but it ONLY eliminates 99% of the bacteria... so you have 1% chance of getting nits or some random disease!

*grabs a can of Lysol in preparation for your gift* ahahhaha =p

Anonymous said...

bitach!!!! that 1% im passing it to you... hope yu get coooties

winkris said...

ahahhah... that's very adult like Miss 3-0 Hypercondriac!